The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) National Headquarters Personnel Recruitment announces the hiring of Fire Officer I nationwide. If you wish to be part of the bureau, read about how to be a firefighter in the Philippines, the qualifications, and the requirements. If you are qualified to apply, then you can start preparing your requirements.
The format of the requirements might differ from one region to the other. It is important that you follow the instructions of the Bureau in your region.
The BFP is an agency under the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) responsible for ensuring fire safety and prevention in the country. To become a member of this organization, you must meet certain qualifications and pass the necessary exams and assessments.
Fire Officer I Qualifications
Before applying, make sure that you meet the minimum qualifications set by the agency. These include:
- Open to all male and female Filipino citizens not less than twenty-one (21) nor more than thirty (30) years of age;
- The height must be at least 1.57 m (5’2″ in) for males and 1.52 m (5’0″ in) for females; you can get a height waiver if your age or height is less/more than the above-mentioned.
- Weight not more or less than 5 kilograms from the standard weight corresponding to his/her height, age, and sex;
- Must possess a baccalaureate degree from a recognized institute of learning;
- Must have Civil Service Commission (CSC) 2nd level, RA 1080 or PD 907 Eligibility, if you don’t have eligibility yet, you can take the Fire Officer Exam.
- A person of good moral character;
- Must have passed the neuro-psychiatric evaluation, medical examination, and drug test for the purpose of determining his/her physical and mental health;
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged or dismissed for cause from previous employment; and
- Must not have been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude.
Here are the basic requirements that you need to prepare. Depending on the BFP regional office, there may be additional or slight differences. Always check on the regional office near you.
A. Application Letter addressed to the Regional Director indicating the position applied for;
B. Duly Notarized Handwritten/ Computerized Personal Data Sheet (PDS) (Revised 2017). Print entries using Black Ballpen. Do not use a sign pen;
C. Work Experience Sheet (CS Form No. 212 attachment for applicants who filled in page 2 PDS work experience portion);
D. Authenticated copy of Service Record (for former government employees);
E. Authenticated copy of Latest Performance Evaluation (for former government employees);
F. Authenticated copy of Transcript of Records and College Diploma (authenticated by the school registrar);
G. Authenticated copy of Certificate of Eligibility from the Civil Service Commission (CSC) or Report of Rating/Board Rating authenticated by Professional Regulation Commission (PRC);
H. Authenticated copy of Certificate of Waiver (for applicants with age and/or height deficiency/ies);
I. Photocopy of Certificate of Live Birth issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA);
J. Photocopy of Certificate of Marriage issued by the PSA, for married applicants;
-Barangay Clearance -Mayor’s Clearance
-Municipal Trial Court Clearance -Regional Trial Court Clearance
L. Photocopy of Philhealth Membership Card or MDR;
M. Photocopy of Pag-ibig Membership Card or MDF; and
N. Photocopy of BIR TIN Card, BIR TIN verification slip, BIR Form 1902 or any BIR document/s bearing the applicant’s Tax Identification Number (TIN).
Note: In case applicants cannot provide the authenticated documents, Applicants are required to execute an Affidavit of Undertaking specifying that the deadline for submission of required documents shall be on or before the Oath-Taking Ceremony.
Applicants should check with their BFP Regional Office. For more details, visit the Official Facebook Page of each region:
- Region 1: Bumbero Uno HRMS
- Region 2: Bfp region 02 HRMS
- Region 3: Bureau of Fire Protection Central Luzon
- Region 4A: BFP-4A Human Resource Management Section
- Region 4B: BFP Mimaropa ADMIN Division
- Region 5: BFP Regional Office 5 Administrative Division
- Region 6: BFP R6 Public Information Unit
- Region 7: Bureau of Fire Protection Region 7
- Region 8: BFP Regional Office 8
- Region 9: BFP9 Recruitment
- Region 10: HRMS, Admin Division, BFP 10 – Recruitment
- Region 11: Human Resource Management Section BFP 11
- Region 12: Bureau of Fire Protection RXII-Soccsksargen
- BARMM: BFP BARMM Recruitment Section
- CAR: Fcos BFP-car
- CARAGA: Bureau of Fire Protection Caraga Region
- NCR: Recruitment and Promotion, Bfp-Ncr
Refer to your BFP Regional Office for the requirements and other updates regarding recruitment.