Gcash is one of the leading e-wallets in the Philippines. It’s a convenient way to send and receive money, as well as pay your bills, and shop online.
A lot of our Overseas Filipino Workers are asking if they can use gcash while abroad. And the answer is yes, you can. I, am currently in Saudi Arabia, and I use Gcash a lot to send money to my family.
So if you are out of the country, no worries. you can still use gcash as long as you have an active Philippine Mobile Number.
If you have a roaming globe/tm number, then you can use that to register for gcash. If none, you can ask your family members to buy you a globe sim and insert that sim into his/her mobile.
The first method is more convenient since you have the number with you, the second one is a little hassle because you need to ask for the pin every time you make a transaction. (Gcash is sending a one-time pin when you are sending money to verify that it’s you).
If you already have your tm or globe number, then you are ready to register with Gcash. Here’s how:
- Download the Gcash app from the Playstore.
- Open the Gcash app on your mobile phone.
- Click Register.
- Enter your globe or tm number.
- Fill out your personal information.
- Enter the one-time pin that you receive on your registered mobile number.
- There will be a confirmation message that you successfully registered in Gcash.
You need to make sure that your mobile is active all the time, so don’t forget to buy a load once a month.