Civil Service Commission announces the Schedule for Fire Officer Exam on Thursday. The date of the Examination will be on June 21, 2020. Interested applicants may apply from March 31, 2020, to April 30, 2020.
|Date of Examination||Start of Application||End of Application|
|June 21, 2020||March 31, 2020||April 30, 2020|
The objective of the exam is to establish a Register of Eligibles (RoE) from which certification and appointment to second level ranks in the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) and other functionally related positions shall be made, provided the eligibles meet the qualifications and other requirements of the positions.
Who can take the Exam?
If you want to be part of BFP, you need to be qualified to take the Exam. Here are the qualifications:
QUALIFICATION / ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS All applicants MUST STRICTLY MEET the following qualification requirements:
1. Filipino citizen;
2. Must be 21 to 35 years old at the date/time of filing of application;
3. Must be of good moral character;
4. Must be mentally and physically fit;
5. Must not have been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude, or of disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, examination irregularity, drunkenness or addiction to drugs;
6. Must not have been dishonorably discharged from military service or dismissed for cause from any civilian positions in the government; and
7. Must possess a baccalaureate degree from a recognized institution of learning.
8. No height requirement for this exam but once you apply as a Fire Officer they have a requirement of 1.62 meters or 5’4″ in height for male and 1.57 meters or 5’2″ for the female in order to qualify.
The following eligibilities may opt not to take the exam:
Those who possess the following eligibility may choose not to take the exam and apply directly as Fire Officer I.
- Board and Bar Passer
- Passers of Civil Service Examination (Professional) and Foreign Service Officer (CSE-FSO).
Grantees of eligibilities under special laws and issuances:
- Honor Graduate Eligibility (P.D. 907)
- Scientific and Technological Specialist Eligibility (P.D 997)
- Sanggunian Member Eligibility Second-level (R.A No. 10156)
NOTE a) Age requirement shall be waived for incumbent employees of the BFP. Age requirement shall also be waived for former BFP employees, provided their applications are endorsed by the BFP and provided further that they can meet the minimum service requirement pursuant to existing laws.
Disclaimer: The information below is from the Examination last year. The civil service commission will give the details one week prior to the application period. Like our Facebook Page so you can be updated.
1. Fully accomplished Application Form (CS Form No. 100, Revised September 2016).
NOTE: The spaces for “Signature of Applicant” and “Right Thumbmark” on the Application Form should be left blank. These shall be accomplished in the presence of the CSC processor.
2. Four (4) pieces of identical I.D. Passport size picture (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches), colored with white background and taken 3 months prior to filing your application.
It should be printed in good quality paper in a standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag positioned at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin). Importantly, no eyeglasses colored contact lenses or any accessories that may cover your facial features. As well as no computer enhancement and should be bare face showing left and right ear.
Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera with neutral facial expression, and both eyes open. With HANDWRITTEN (not computer-generated) name tag legibly showing SIGNATURE OVER PRINTED FULL NAME in the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any. Refer to the photo below.
3. Original and photocopy of any of the following I.D. cards, which is preferably valid (not expired on the date of filing of application): See the list of Valid ID’s here.
4. Prepare an examination fee of P700.
You must submit all the required documents personally in the CSC Regional Office (CSC RO), or at any of the CSC RO’s Field Offices, where they intend to take the examination. You can visit the CSC website for more information.
Venue of Exam
The Civil Service Commission will give the details one week prior to the application date. They shall issue an Examination Advisory on the examination venue/school assignment and other important reminders, including what to bring on examination day.
SCOPE OF EXAMINATION AND OTHER INFORMATION
- Scope of Examination
General Ability (25%): Verbal, Analytical, Numerical ————————————————————————–Specialized Area (75%): (composed of the following)Fire Suppression (30%)
- Pre-Fire Planning
- Firefighting Techniques and Procedures
- Tools and Equipment and Apparatus
Fire Safety and Prevention (20%)
- Fire Code of the Philippines
- NFPA Laws, Fire Safety Related Codes, and other BFP issuances (Building Code, Electrical Code)
- BFP Citizens Charter, SOP/MCs on Fire Safety Inspection
Fire Investigation (15%)
- The Law on Arson in the Philippines (RPC)
– Constitutional Rights of the Accused – Prima Facie Evidence of Arson – Rules of Court
- Procedure and Techniques
– Identification, Preservation, and Handling of Evidence – Other Related Procedure and Techniques
- SOP’s on Fire and Arson Investigation
Administrative Matters (10%)
- RA 6975, 9263, 9592 and their IRR.
- CSC Rules and Regulations and Qualification Standards
BFP Memo Circulars and SOP’s on Administrative Matters
2. Other Information
To be able to pass the FOE Exam, you need to get an average of 80. Once you pass the exam, you will have second level eligibility. You can now proceed with your application as a Fire Officer I.
Looking for a reviewer? Check out our FOE free reading materials and reviewers. You can download it for free.