AFPSAT is an acronym for The Armed Forces of the Philippines Service Aptitude Test. It is the unified written entrance examination that is utilized in the initial recruitment and selection process for entry into the major services ‐ Army, Air Force, and Navy. You need to pass this exam to be qualified to apply for any military position.
Prepare the following basic requirements for the AFPSAT:
- Birth Certificate (PSA)
- Original Transcript of Records and Diploma (for College degree holders)
- Original diploma with Form 137-A ( for high school graduate applicants but with Tesda or Vocational course certificate – NCII)
- Valid ID (Government-issued)
- 2 pcs 2×2 picture with white background
AFPSAT Schedule 2020 and Venue
The Army Recruitment Office in Luzon is open for registration for AFPSAT every day (0800H-1700H) at the Philippine Army Recruitment Center, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City. Just don’t forget to bring your requirements stated above.
Additionally, the Army Recruitment Mobile Teams are visiting different venues nationwide. You can visit their official Facebook pages for the AFPSAT schedule and venues.
- Army Recruitment Office – Luzon
- Army Recruitment Office – Visayas
- Army Recruitment Office- Mindanao / ARO Zamboanga
The schedule of AFPSAT may change depending on the circumstance. Register online at https://afpsat.afp.mil.ph/ and print your examinee number along with the requirements needed or visit the recruitment office near you.
AFPSAT Visayas Schedule
There is no confirmed schedule yet but registration is ongoing.
Registration for AFPSAT is ongoing until further notice at 604th CDC Iloilo City behind Iloilo Sports Complex and 605th CDC Panaad Park, Bacolod City, Monday to Friday.
Applicants for OCC and OPC who passed the AFPSAT and yet to take the AQE and SWE can register to the same venue above.
AFPSAT Mindanao Schedule
- Feb.29-Mar.06 – H9RCDG, Kuta Dao, Pagadian City
- March 03-08 – Misamis University, Ozamiz City.
Philippine Army Pre-Entry Examination Schedule for Officer Recruitment Only:
|AFPSAT||07-08 March 2020||Western Mindanao State University, Pagadian City|
|AFPSAT||09-10 March 2020||Misamis University, Ozamiz City|
|AQE/SWE||11 March 2020||Misamis University, Ozamiz City|
|12 March 2020||H1ID, Kuta Sang-an, Labangan Zamboanga del Sur|
|14 March 2020||H4ID, Camp Evangelista, Patag, Cagayan de Oro City|
AFPSAT Coverage 2020
AFPSAT has three subtests which are the following:
- Abstract Reasoning– a nonverbal, non-numerical measure of reasoning power. It measures the ability to see the relationships among things- objects, patterns or designs rather than among words and numbers. 50 items for 12 minutes.
- Verbal Reasoning– measures the ability to reason and solve problems through the concept of words by comprehension, grammar, and vocabulary recognition. 65 items for 30 minutes.
- Numerical Reasoning– measures the ability to reason and solve problems with numbers, and other mathematical concepts. 35 items for 35 minutes.
AFPSAT Passing Score and Mechanics
AFPSAT result shall be valid for a period of three (3) years. Retake shall only be allowed once for an applicant and it shall be conducted at least six (6) months after the initial examination.
AFPSAT Form A ( September 30, 2019, up to this date)
|Outstanding/ A||Answered 92-150 items correctly||Passed|
|Above Average/ B||Answered 71-91 items correctly|| Passed|
|Average/C||Answered 60-70 items correctly|| Passed|
|Below Average/D||Answered 48-59 items correctly|| Passed|
|Poor/ E||Answered 36-47 items correctly||Below passing score retake after 6 months.|
|Failed/ F||Answered 0-35 items correctly||Below passing score retake after 6 months.|
AFPSAT Form B (April 17, 2019 up to date)
|Outstanding/ A||Answered 110-150 items correctly||Passed|
|Above Average/ B||Answered 88-109 items correctly|| Passed|
|Average/C||Answered 74-87 items correctly|| Passed|
|Below Average/D||Answered 56-73 items correctly|| Passed|
|Poor/ E||Answered 47-55 items correctly||Below passing score retake after 6 months.|
|Failed/ F||Answered 0-46 items correctly||No retake|
All major service shall henceforth recognize the result as valid and said applicant need not take the same test if he/she applies in another branch of service within the period of three (3) years.