What’s next after graduation? For almost everyone a job is necessary. That is the only reason why we work hard in school. A stable job to help our family. It’s almost time to return the favor to your parents.
But looking for work the first time is as much as stressful as studying. You need a lot of patience, time, and most especially money. The requirements are not a joke. You need some decent amount of penny in your pocket.
Do you know that you need not to pay the needed requirements?
President Duterte just signed a law last April 10, 2019. waiving document fees for first-time applicants.
The “First Time Job Assistance Act or the Republic Act 11261
The aim of this law is to help first-time job seekers to get the required document by the employers for free.
This includes the following documents;
- Police clearance certificate,
- National Bureau of Investigation clearance,
- Barangay clearance,
- Medical certificate from a public hospital,
- Birth certificate, Marriage certificate,
- Transcript of records from States Universities and Colleges,
- Tax Identification Number (TIN),
- Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID) card, and other documentary requirements issued by the government that may be required by employers.
The applicants need to submit a barangay certification as proof to be exempted from the said fees.
The law principal author and sponsor, Senator Joel Villanueva said that this will help almost 1.3 million Filipinos annually.