Barangay Clearance has been one of the much-needed requirements in any job-related hiring. But before we proceed, let us discuss first what is a barangay clearance and what is it used for.
What is a Barangay Clearance?
Barangay Clearance is an easy-to-obtain document that you can use as proof of your identity. This document includes your name, thumb mark, signature, issued date, and for what specific purpose. The clearance is also signed by the Barangay Captain and has the Barangay’s Official Seal affixed to it.
It is also a valid document declaring that you live in that certain place and are of good moral character. Remember that you need to be a resident of that particular barangay for at least 3 to 6 months to be issued a Barangay Clearance.
Purpose of Barangay Clearance
Barangay Clearance is used for different purposes. It can be for a job requirement, applying for a business permit, opening a bank account, or used as a requirement for another Valid ID( Postal ID and UMID Card). Moreover, you can also use it for your NBI Clearance or Police Clearance, Drivers License, and Indigent Certification for PhilHealth.
Validity of Barangay Clearance
Barangay Clearance is only valid for 6 months from the date of issuance.
How much is the Barangay Clearance Fee?
The Barangay Clearance Fee vary from Barangay to Barangay. But usually, the fee will be between P25 to P100.
Barangay Clearance Requirements
If you need to get a Barangay Clearance, you should prepare the following requirements: (Note: It may vary depending on your Barangay).
- A Valid ID
- Filled out Application Form which you can get from the Barangay Hall.
- Community Tax Certificate (CTC) or Cedula from the Barangay or City Hall.
- Barangay Clearance Fee ranging from P25 to P100.
HOW TO GET BARANGAY CLEARANCE
Here is an easy guide to obtaining a Barangay Clearance.
- STEP 1: VISIT YOUR LOCAL BARANGAY HALL IN YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE
- STEP 2: FILL OUT THE FORM THAT THE BARANGAY GAVE YOU
- STEP 3: SOME BARANGAYS WILL REQUIRE YOUR PICTURE TO BE TAKEN AS WELL AS THUMBPRINT
- STEP 4: YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PAY FOR A COMMUNITY TAX CERTIFICATE OR CEDULA AND BARANGAY CLEARANCE FEE (THE FEE USUALLY DEPENDS ON THE BARANGAY BUT IT WILL SURELY BE LESS THAN P100)
- STEP 5: WAIT FOR A FEW MINUTES AND YOU WILL GET YOUR BARANGAY CLEARANCE
That’s it. It’s very easy to get your clearance in your barangay. Share with us your experience in the comment section.Thanks for Reading.