The DOST Scholarship 2022 is open to all Grade 12 students who are interested to pursue their Science and Technology degree programs in college.
If you are a student looking for a college scholarship to help your parents or you’re a parent who’s looking for some financial help to at least lighten your load from school fees, then this is a good opportunity.
When to apply
|Start of Online Application Period||TBA|
|Last Day of Online Application and Uploading of Requirements||30 November 2021|
Aim of S&T Undergraduate Scholarship
The aim of Science and Technology Undergraduate Studies is to stimulate and entice talented Filipino youths to pursue lifetime productive careers in Science and Technology. In addition, they want to ensure a steady, adequate supply of qualified S&T human resources which can steer the country towards national progress.
DOST Scholarship Qualifications
For both scholarships, qualifications include:
- Graduating Grade 12 male and female students in SY 2021-2022:
- STEM STRAND: All students belonging to the STEM class
- NON-STEM STRAND: Must be in the top 5% of the graduating class, if belonging to the Non-STEM strand
- Must have grades in Grades 9, 10, and 11.
- Must be natural-born Filipino citizen.
- Must be of good moral character and in good health.
- May have taken the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Examination but did not qualify for the scholarship; OR may have qualified for the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship but did not avail of the award.
- Must NOT have earned any post-secondary units.
Two types of Scholarship
They are offering two types of scholarships. One is the RA 7687 and the other one is the Merit scholarship. Find out the difference between the two.
Republic Act No. 7687, also known as the “Science and Technology Scholarship Act of 1994”, provides for scholarships to talented and deserving students whose families’ socio-economic status does not exceed the set cut-off values of certain indicators. Qualifiers must pursue priority fields of study in the basic sciences, engineering, other applied sciences, and science and mathematics teaching.
The DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship Program, formerly known as the NSDB or NSTA Scholarship under RA No. 2067, is awarded to students with high aptitude in science and mathematics and are willing to pursue careers in the fields of science and technology.
There are additional qualifications in RA 7687 that are not included in Merit.
In RA 7687 they are prioritizing poor and talented students who belong to a family with low socioeconomic status and a resident of the municipality for the last 4 years. See the lists below.
DOST Scholarship Benefits
Good benefits and privileges await the DOST scholars. It includes not only a regular academic year but also during summer school.
|Tuition and other school fees||₱40,000.00 / year|
|Book Allowance||₱10,000.00 / year|
|MS/PE uniform (1st Semester of First Year only)||₱1,000.00|
|Group Health and Accident Insurance||Premium|
(for those studying outside of home province)
|1 economy-class roundtrip fare|
|Monthly Living Allowance||₱7,000.00 / month|
|Graduation Clothing Allowance||₱1,000.00|
|B. Summer Allowance (if required in the curriculum)|
|Tuition and other school fees||₱1,500.00|
|Book Allowance||₱500.00 (to submit Official Receipt)|
|Monthly Living Allowance||₱7,000.00 / month for two months|
DOST Scholarship Requirements
The DOST Requirements to be submitted are the following:
- Form C – Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Form D – Certification of Good Health
- Form E1/E2 – Principal’s Certification
- Form F – Certificate of Residency
- Form G – Parent’s Certification
- Form H – Applicant’s Certification
- Form I – Signed Declaration of Applicant and the Parent/Legal Guardian
- Print each form in a size A4 bond paper.
- Have these forms accomplished by the proper authorities/ officials/ persons as indicated in each form.
- Make sure that each form is signed.
- Scan or take picture of each accomplished form and save file.
- Name each file: (Surname-Form __) when saving it.
- Submit each form using the Upload Module in the E-Application System. Use the appropriate upload field for each file.
- Certified Copy of Permanent Student Record (Form 137) for Grades 9, 10 and 11
- Must be duly signed by the School Principal/University Registrar
- Recent picture, passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
- Must show face of the Applicant, 80% of the picture
- Must be colored, with white background
- With the name tag position at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin): Full name, handwritten- First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any (e.g. JUAN C. DELA CRUZ, JR.), and signature over printed name
- Taken within the last three (3) months prior to filing of application
- Birth Certificate
- Readable copy.
- May be issued by the PSA, NSO or the Municipal Registry Office
- Parent/s or Legal Guardian’s 2020 Income Tax Return / BIR Form 1701 / Employment Contract for OFW / BIR Certificate of Exemption from Filing of ITR / Certificate of Indigency / Certificate of Employment with Compensation / Proof of Pension
- Clear, signed copy.
- Annual Gross Income must be clearly indicated in the document.
- The particular document depends on the parent’s class of worker.
DOST Scholarship has priority courses. Check the DOST Courses here.
How to Apply?
DOST Online Application
For any questions and concerns,
please contact the S&T Scholarship Division at
tel nos.: 8371333/ 8390083/8372071 local 2382;
cellphone no.: 09278868816;
e-mail: [email protected]