Education is one of the most important things that we should value. It is not only for our own sake but for the future of our country. In these times of pandemic, life may be a bit hard, and everyone is trying to survive. For most students, getting a scholarship would be a lifesaver. And here is the good news. The DOST officially opens the application for all third-year students enrolled in priority Science and Technology courses.
What is the DOST JLSS?
The Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program is a scholarship program for deserving students in their third year of college. It aims to provide scholarships that will finance the education of talented students who are pursuing degree programs in the areas of Science and Technology.
For Grade 12 students. you can read about the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship.
Who can apply?
1. REGULAR second-year college male and female students enrolled in priority S&T courses at identified universities as of the First Semester of AY 2021-2022.
2. Must have a general weighted average of at least 83% or its equivalent and with no conditional or failing mark in the first two years in college including in the midyear terms, if enrolled.
3. Must be a natural-born Filipino citizen.
4. Must be of good moral character and in good health.
5. May have taken the DOST-SEI Scholarship Examination before but did not pass or have qualified for the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship but did not avail the scholarship award.
DOST JLSS Deadline
|Start of Online Application Period||9 June 2022|
|Last Day of Online Application and Uploading of Requirements||31 July 2022|
|Schedule of Qualifying Examination||August 27-28, 2022|
DOST JLSS Requirements
These are the requirements you need to prepare before filing your application online for the DOST JLSS.
- Form C – Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Form D – Certification of Good Health
- Form E – Certification of Program of Study and Year Level
- Form F – Certificate of Residency
- Form G1/G2 – Commitment to Return of Service
- Form H – Applicant’s Certification
- Form I – Signed Declaration of Applicant and the Parent/Legal Guardian
- Print each form in a size A4 bond paper.
- Have these forms accomplished by the proper authorities/ officials/ persons as indicated in each form.
- Make sure that each form is signed.
- Scan or take picture of each accomplished form and save file.
- Name each file: (Surname-Form __) when saving it.
- Submit each form using the Upload Module in the E-Application System. Use the appropriate upload field for each file.
- Official Transcript of Records (TOR) or True Copy of Grades (TCG) or Grade Report downloaded from the portal for first and second years in college
- Must be duly signed by the University Registrar/Dean of College
- Recent picture, passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
- Must show face of the Applicant, 80% of the picture
- Must be colored, with white background
- With the name tag position at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin): Full name, handwritten- First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any (e.g. JUAN C. DELA CRUZ, JR.), and signature over printed name
- Taken within the last three (3) months prior to filing of application.
- Birth Certificate
- Readable copy. May be issued by the PSA, NSO or the Municipal Registry Office
- Parent/s or Legal Guardian’s 2020 Income Tax Return / BIR Form 1701 / Employment Contract for OFW / BIR Certificate of Exemption from Filing of ITR / Certificate of Indigency / Certificate of Employment with Compensation / Proof of Pension
- Clear, signed copy.
- Annual Gross Income must be clearly indicated in the document.
- The particular document depends on the parent’s class of worker.
Here is a Sample ITR.
Type of Scholarship
Republic Act No. 10612 aims to strengthen the country’s science and technology education by fast-tracking graduates in the sciences, mathematics, and engineering who shall teach science and mathematics in secondary schools throughout the country.
Republic Act No. 7687, also known as the “Science and Technology Scholarship Act of 1994”, provides for scholarships to talented and deserving students whose families’ socio-economic status does not exceed the set cut-off values of certain indicators. Qualifiers must pursue priority fields of study in the basic sciences, engineering, other applied sciences, and science and mathematics teaching.
The DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship Program, formerly known as the NSDB or NSTA Scholarship under RA No. 2067, is awarded to students with high aptitude in science and mathematics who are willing to pursue careers in the fields of science and technology.
Priority Courses for DOST JLSS
|Aeronautical Engineering||Health Science|
|Aerospace Engineering||Human Biology|
|Agribusiness Management||Industrial Engineering|
|Agribusiness Management and Entrepreneurship||Industrial Management Engineering-Information Technology3|
|Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering|
|Agricultural Biotechnology 1||Industrial Pharmacy|
|Agricultural Chemistry||Information and Communications Technology|
|Agricultural Economics||Information System|
|Agricultural Engineering||Information Technology|
|Agricultural Technology||Information Technology Systems|
|Agriculture||Instrumentation and Control Engineering|
|Animal Husbandry||Life Sciences|
|Animal Science||Management Information Systems 2|
|Applied Mathematics||Manufacturing Engineering|
|Applied Mathematics major in Mathematical Finance 2||Manufacturing Engineering-Management-Biomedical Engineering3|
|Applied Physics with Applied Computer System||Manufacturing Engineering-Management-Mechatronics and Robotics3|
|Applied Physics with Materials Science and Engineering|
|Applied Statistics||Marine Science|
|Astronomy Technology||Mathematics and Science Teaching|
|Bachelor in Technology and Livelihood Education with Specialization in Information and Communications Technology||Mathematics Teaching|
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science||Medical Laboratory Science|
|Bachelor of Secondary Education major in Science||Medical Technology|
|Chemical Engineering||Mining Engineering|
|Chemistry||Molecular Biology and Biotechnology|
|Chemistry with Applied Computer Systems||Nutrition|
|Chemistry with Materials Science and Engineering||Nutrition and Dietetics|
|Civil Engineering||Packaging Engineering|
|Clothing Technology||Petroleum Engineering|
|Community Nutrition||Pharmaceutical Sciences|
|Computer Engineering||Pharmacy (4-year program)|
|Computer Science||Pharmacy major in Clinical Pharmacy (5-year program)|
|Doctor of Veterinary Medicine||Physics|
|Electronics and Communications Engineering||Public Health|
|Electronics Engineering||Science Teaching (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physical Science, Biology and Chemistry, Science)|
|Geodetic Engineering||1at UP System only|
|Geography||24 yrs, ADMU|
|Geology||3at DLSU only|
|Geothermal Engineering||4BS Program|
University of the Philippines
State Universities and Colleges
Private Institutions that are recognized by CHED as Centers of Excellence or Centers of Development or have FAAP Level III accreditation for the priority S&T programs of study
For RA 10612: All of the above and schools that offer CHED compliant courses are included in the list of priority S&T programs of study
Privileges and Benefits under the DOST JLSS
Successful applicants will receive P40,000/year for the tuition and other school fees. Another P10,000/year for the book allowance and premium health insurance.
For students studying outside of their home province, they can avail of an economy roundtrip fare. A scholar can also receive monthly living allowances amounting to P7,000/month, a Thesis allowance worth P10,000, and a Graduation Clothing allowance. Refer to the table below for complete details.
|A. Regular Academic Year|
|Tuition and other school fees||₱40,000.00 / year|
|Book Allowance||₱10,000.00 / year|
|Group Health and Accident Insurance||Premium|
|Transportation Allowance(for those studying outside of home province)||1 economy-class roundtrip fare|
|Monthly Living Allowance||₱7,000.00 / month|
|Graduation Clothing Allowance||₱1,000.00|
|B. Summer Allowance (if required in the curriculum)|
|Tuition and other school fees||₱1,500.00|
|Book Allowance||₱500.00 (to submit Official Receipt)|
|Monthly Living Allowance||₱7,000.00 / month for two months|
DOST JLSS Qualifications
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants shall possess the following: Refer to the table below.
|RA 10612||RA 7687||MERIT|
|1. natural-born Filipino citizen;||✓||✓||✓|
|2. poor, talented and deserving student who belongs to a family whose socio-economic status does not exceed the set values of certain indicators;||✗||✓||✗|
|3. incoming regular 3rd-year college student in an identified priority S&T course for SY 2021-2022;||✓||✓||✓|
|4. has a general weighted average (GWA) of at least 83% or its equivalent in his/her first year and the first semester of the second year in college;||✓||✓||✓|
|5. resident of the municipality as attested by the barangay;||✓||✓||✓|
|6. of good moral character and in good health; and||✓||✓||✓|
|7. (a) Have not taken any previous DOST-SEI examination OR (b) Have taken the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Examination but did not qualify for the scholarship OR (c) Qualifier of the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship but did not avail of the award||✓||✓||✓|
|8. qualifier of the JLSS Examination||✓||✓||✓|
DOST JLSS Application
After preparing all the requirements, accomplishing the forms, and scanning your photo, you are now ready to apply online through the JLSS e-application.
Make sure to use an active email address. Input your details and information accurately.
Step 1. Visit the JLSS E-Application. Read all the instructions written. Register using your active email address. They will send you verification at your email address.
Step 2. Answer the questions in the Eligibility Module that can be accessed to the link provided in the email sent to you. If you are not eligible to apply for the JLSS, you will receive a Notice of Disqualification in your email.
Step 3. If you are eligible to apply for the JLSS, you can proceed to the next modules:
- Personal Data
- Contact Information
- Family Data
- Financial Contribution
- Household Information Questionnaire
- School, Course, and Grades
- Upload Documents
- The system accepts .jpeg, .png, .bmp, and .pdf file types only
- The system accepts multiple files up to 5MB per upload. Ex. You took a photo of each of the 3 pages of your Transcript of Records. As a result, you need to upload 3 different files for the same requirement. To upload it, you need to click the Upload File button and select all the files to be submitted. After selecting the files, a preview is also available for you to see if you have selected the correct and complete files. Once you are sure that you have selected the correct and complete files, you may now click the Upload button.
- You may press the Preview button to check the files you submitted after uploading it. If in the event that you have uploaded an incorrect file or incomplete files, you need to repeat the uploading process and upload the correct and complete files to overwrite the previously uploaded document/s.
Step 4. Recheck all the modules before you click submit. Check the spelling, the accuracy, and make sure you uploaded all the required documents. You can no longer make any change in the information you provided in your application once submitted.
For more information, Go to https://www.science-scholarships.ph/ and choose DOST JLSS.
Questions and Inquiries
Should you have questions or concerns, please contact the S&T Scholarship Division at
Source: DOST website