The Department of Interior and Local Government DILG starts accepting applications for Contact tracers nationwide. If you are interested to apply, you can find the details below including the qualifications, requirements as well as links to your region where you can apply.
● Bachelor’s Degree (Preferably allied Medical Course, Criminology)
● Must be skilled in data gathering and/or assisted in research and documentation;
● Must be able to interview COVID-19 cases and close contacts in order to gather data on travel history and conduct health assessments;
● Must possess the ability to advocate public health education messages, and
● Have investigative capability.
Functions and Responsibilities
● Augment or form part of a team of existing contact tracers who will
normally provide the first point of contact of cases of COVID-19 (e.g., the people who have just been confirmed as COVID-19 cases);
● Conduct case interviews, profiling, and perform an initial public health risk assessment of COVID-19 cases and their identified close contacts;
● Collaborate with other government agencies and the private sector for
the conduct of enhanced contact tracing;
● Collect laboratory samples, as authorized, and provide health education and give instructions about what confirmed COVID-19 cases and their contacts need to do, according to established DOH protocols;
● Refer the close contacts to isolation facilities, as necessary;
● Receive queries from the identified close and general contacts provide advice and take action, as appropriate;
● Elevate and refer challenging or complex cases or incidents and outbreaks of COVID-19 to the designated Team Leader;
● Conduct daily monitoring of close and general contacts for at least
● Ensure accurate, up-to-date records of contacts/action by the completion of relevant records and compliance with team handover procedures;
● To work within their own competence, seeking senior advice when
● Be able to modify and adapt methods of communication to account
for the differing needs of contacts especially in stressful and difficult situations and ensure polite, efficient, and appropriate communications at all times;
● Contribute to the maintenance of effective systems for the
surveillance of COVID-19 by providing accurate data and
information and by encoding collected data in the authorized
● Contribute to any necessary ongoing development of current
protocols, guidance and standard operating procedures; and
● Conduct active surveillance activities and advocate for
implementation of the mandatory physical distancing measures a
an individual level, and ensure public minimum health standards
must be implemented at all times.
● Perform the agreed tasks at a time and schedule agreed upon by the parties, and to deliver the needed results.
● Submit an accomplishment report every 15th and 30th
of the month to the Head of Office where the services are performed.
Contact Tracer Salary
A monthly salary of 18,784.00 (Salary Grade 9)
- Scope of work: Contract of Service
- Duration of Work: Maximum of four months
Documents you need to submit:
• Letter of Intent • Personal Data Sheet (PDS) (Template for letter of intent and PDS) • NBI Clearance • Drug Test Result
How to apply as a Contact Tracer?
Submit your documents via email. Kindly check the email of the DILG field office/LGU where you are residing. Application with incomplete documents will not be processed. The deadline for Submission depends on your regional office.
DILG Contact Tracer hiring per region
We have collected some of the links per region. If your area is not included below, please contact your DILG regional office for more information.
- NCR- https://www.facebook.com/dilgncr
- Region 2- http://www.region2.dilg.gov.ph/images/Announcement/2020/vacant_position_2020/vacant_positions_2020-09-11.pdf
- Region 4A-
- Cavite https://www.facebook.com/dilgcavite/ (email: email@example.com)
- Region 5- https://www.facebook.com/DILG-Region-5-1552182935081757
- Region 8- https://www.facebook.com/DILGRegion8
- Zamboanga City- https://www.facebook.com/dilgzamboanga.fieldoffice.7