Philippine Coast Guard is a uniformed service tasked primarily to perform maritime enforcement, search and rescue, and maritime safety and security. If you want to join the PCG either as a PCG Officer or PCG non-Officer, read the qualifications below.
Philippine Coast Guard Qualifications (Commisionship/Officer)
- A natural-born citizen of the Philippines with good moral character.
- 21-24 years old on the date of examination.
- Minimum height of 5’0″ for male and female.
- Baccalaureate degree holder
- with Professional Civil Service Eligibility with a rating of 82% and above or with PRC license,
- Physically and Mentally qualified.
- Has passed the PCG Aptitude Battery Test for Commisionship.
Philippine Coast Guard Qualifications (Enlistment/ Non-Officer)
- Natural Born Filipino Citizen with good moral character.
- 18-26 years old on the day of Examination.
- Minimum Height of 5’0″.
- Physically and mentally qualified under the existing regulation of the Coast Guard Service.
- College Graduate or has earned at least 72 units in only one course as reflected in the Transcript of Records or
- Senior High School Graduate provided that he/she has completed the TESDA courses (6 months or longer) relevant to PCG mandates as endorsed by the respective SECOMCAP.
- Has passed the PCG Aptitude Battery Test.
- Receive above Standard Salary.
- Ensured lifetime and Stable Job.
- Opportunity to serve the country as Philippine Coast Guard.
- Enjoy Government benefits, discounts and privileges.
- Chance to Study abroad for specialization.
Philippine Coast Guard Requirements
The following are the PCG requirements applicants need to prepare:
- Accomplished PCGABT application Form. You can download it here.
- Personal Information Sheet (download here).
- Photocopy of Transcript of Records (Authenticated by the School).
- Photocopy of College Diploma for commisionship or enlistment/ Senior Highschool Diploma or TESDA certificate for enlistment.
- PSA Birth Certificate.
Take the original copies of the requirements mentioned above to be presented upon submission of application on the purpose of verification. Make sure you have the complete requirements to avoid disqualification.
Application Process for PCG
- Meet the qualifications. Check if you are qualified for the position you are applying to (Officer or non-officer). This will save you both the hassle and time.
- Submit the initial requirements. Submit the requirements mentioned above to the nearest PCG district to schedule your PCGABT.
- Take the PCG Aptitude Battery Test. On the day of the PCGABT, applicants should wear a white shirt, maong pants, white socks, and rubber shoes. Moreover, applicants are expected to have proper hair cut and clean nails.
- Take the Physical Fitness Test. After passing the exam, applicants shall proceed to their respective PCG district to take the PFT.
- Medical, Dental, and Neurological Exam. Applicants shall shoulder the expense of their medical exam. However, for the dental and Neurological, the PCG medical team will conduct it.
- Undergo Final deliberation. Applicants who passed all the phases above will need to undergo final deliberation. The PCG Recruitment board members will determine who among the applicants are qualified to take the Coast Guard Officer’s Course (CGOC) or Coast Guardman’s Course (CGMC) training.
- Oathtaking Ceremonies. Successful applicants will be informed about the details of the oathtaking ceremony.
Visit the Coast Guard Districts near you for inquiries and application procedures. You can also contact the numbers stated below for inquiries.
Office for Human Resource Management (CG-1)
National Headquarters, Philippine Coast Guard
56 Pres. Manuel L. Quezon, Lower Bicutan
Mobile Nos. 0917-815-6992
Coast Guard District Southwestern Mindanao (CGDSWM)
Naval Station, Romulo Espaldon, Bagong Calarian, Zamboanga City
0917-842-8446 / 0998-585-7972
Coast Guard District Northern Mindanao (CGDNM)
1280 Corrales Extension, Macabalan, Cagayan De Oro City
0917-842-8196 / 0998-585-6239
Coast Guard District Southeastern Mindanao (CGDSEM)
KM 11 Sasa, Davao City
0998-585-8479 / 0917-831-3197
Coast Guard District Palawan (CGDPAL)
Brgy. Liwanag Port Area, Puerto Princesa City
0917-816-1072 / 0998-585-8465
Coast Guard District Bicol (CGDBCL)
Government Center Site, Rawis, Legaspi City
0998-585-6438 / 0917-842-6820
Coast Guard District Western Visayas (CGDWV)
Zone 2, Bo. Obrero, Iloilo City
0998-585-7956 / 0917-842-8447
Coast Guard District Southern Visayas (CGDSV)
San Patricio Blvd, Brgy Banago, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental
Coast Guard District Eastern Visayas (CGDEV)
Ebony Street, Port Area City, Leyte
0998-585-8320 / 0917-842-7656
Coast Guard District Central Visayas (CGDCV)
Arellano Boulevard, Cebu City 6000
0998-585-8301 / 0917-842-7102
Coast Guard District Northwestern Luzon (CGDNWLZN)
Poro Point, San Fernando City, La Union
0998-585-8578 / 0917-808-8412 / (072) 700-4474
Coast Guard District Southern Tagalog (CGDSTL)
PPA Compound, Brgy. Sta Clara, Batangas
0917-842-6633 / 0998-585-5845
Source: Philippine Coast Guard