Are you keen on serving our country by being part of the military? It is an honor and at the same time a great privilege to be a part Military Defense of the Philippines. The Philippine Airforce is one of the branches of the Armed Forces of the Philippines. It is also known as Hukbong Himpapawid since it focuses on aerial services.
If you wish to work for the PAF, you need to accomplish the first step of the recruitment process as well as undergo rigorous training. The PAF conducts the pre-entry exam for PAF Officer Candidate Course (PAFOCC) for aspiring Officers and Basic Military Training (BMT) for the Candidate Soldier Course.
Philippine Airforce Exam 2020 Schedule
The Philippine Air Force exam 2020 schedule will be posted once the PAF will update the official schedule on their website or Facebook. For applicants, wait for a further announcement as to the availability of their portal or the schedule of the walk-in applications and exams.
Qualifications for Philippine Air Force Candidate Soldier(PAF CS):
These are the following qualifications to be able to join the PAF Candidate Soldier.
- Must be a citizen of the Philippines
- Single and no legal obligation to support a child or children
- Has completed 12 years of basic education under K to 12 or have at least 72 units of college course from an institution recognized by the government
- Age not less than 18 years but not more than 26 years upon appointment as Candidate Soldier (CS). No age waiver will be granted for the purpose of regular enlistment in the AFP
- Minimum entry height requirement of 152.4 cm (5 feet) for both male and female applicants/candidates for Major Services. Provided, however, that the Major Services Commanders shall prescribe their own height requirement depending on the different occupational utilization of the individual with the condition that it shall not be below the minimum height requirement of 152.4 cm
- Must be physically and mentally fit for military training and services and of good moral character and habits.
Qualifications for Philippine Air Force Officer Candidate (PAFOC):
These are the following qualifications for PAF Officer Candidate.
- Male or Female natural-born citizen of the Republic of the Philippines
- Educational Attainment: Must be a baccalaureate degree holder
- Height: 5’0 for both male and female (Indigenous People/Member should submit certification from National Commission on Indigenous People Main Office)
- Age: 21 to 29 Years Old upon admission for training.
- Single and no legal obligation to support a child or children
- Physically and mentally fit for military training and with good moral character.
If you are qualified, you need to know how to apply for the examination to be able to proceed to the next step of recruitment.
For Your Information:
For the Philippine Air Force Officer Candidate Course (PAFOCC) Qualifying Examination, there are three (3) types of written examination:
1. The AFP Service Aptitude Test (AFPSAT).
2. The PAF General Classification Test (PAFGCT).
3. Special Written Examination (SWE).
How to apply?
1. Register an account to afpsat.afp.mil.ph. Get your exam permit by accomplishing the online AFPSAT registration process.
Upon clicking the link above, AFPSAT e portal log-in will be shown on your monitor. Refer to the photo below.
Then click the Main Page button just below the log-in now and it will direct you to the main page. In there you can see the Exam Application Process and other important reminders.
Scroll down and you will find the Announcement Section. Schedule of Exam.
Since we are focusing in Philippine Airforce in this article, choose see the Schedule website below the Phillipiine Airforce.
You can now register an account by clicking the Register button.
For the PAFGCT permit, go to recruitment.airforce.mil.ph then upload the following documents in pdf form (.jpg for pictures):
- 2 pcs latest 2×2 ID in white background;
- Birth Certificate in SECPA issued by the PSA
- Transcript of Records
2. Download and Print your exam permits (with examinee number). They will be sending it to the email address you provide. Bring the permit on the day of the examination along with the following:
- Original and Photocopy of TOR (Transcript of Records)
- PSA Birth Certificate (Original and Photocopy)
- Two valid IDs
- Pencil Mongol Number 2
Wear a white polo shirt, pants, and any closed shoes on the examination day. All applicants will undergo a limited physical examination prior to the examination. They will check for the following physical features/deformities:
- Ear or facial piercing for males;
- Multiple ear/facial piercings for females;
- Crossed eyes;
- bow-leggedness / knocked-knee
- Crooked arm(s)
- Lacking finger(s)
- Cleft lip and cleft palate
You can check for the results of your examination on the Philippine Air Force Official Website. You can also call the PAF mobile number at 0966-461-7913 and 0949-590-6803.
Physical and Medical Examinations
After you passed the written examination, you’ll also need to undergo the Physical Fitness Test which. This includes push-ups, sit-ups, and 3.2km run.
- Candidate Soldier applicants passed the written examinations and who will be included in the qualified applicants to be processed will be notified to report at their designated PAF Military Treatment Facility for their Physical Fitness Test (PFT).
- Officer Candidate applicants who will pass the written examinations will be notified to report at PAFPMC, Col Jesus Villamor Airbase Pasay City for the Physical Fitness Test.
Minimum Requirement for Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
|For MALE||Below 21 Years Old||22 – 26 Years Old||27 – 28 Years Old|
|Push Up (2 minutes)||31 reps||30 reps||28 reps|
|Sit Up (2 minutes)||36 reps||35 reps||37 reps|
|3.2 KM Run||18:14 mins||18:44 mins||20:14 mins|
|For FEMALE||Below 21 Years Old||22 – 26 Years Old||27 – 28 Years Old|
|Push Up (2 minutes)||13 reps||11 reps||9 reps|
|Sit Up (2 minutes)||23 reps||22 reps||24 reps|
|3.2 KM Run||20:14 mins||21:14 mins||22:59 mins|
Philippine Air Force Processing Centers / PAF Units
You may apply or inquire at these following PAF Units near you:
Col Jesus Villamor Air Base, Pasay City – 0949-5906720, 0956-3371547, 0949-5906803, 0927-0632245
Fernando Air Base, Lipa City – 0906-2721492, (761)3601/3201
Edwin Andrews Air Base, Zamboanga City – 0917-7074561
BG Benito Ebuen Air Base, Lapu-lapu City – 0927-2867352
Clark Air Base, Pampanga – 0917-7295684
Antonio Bautista Air Base, Palawan – 0927-4184911
(Phone numbers may change without prior notice)
NOTE: PAFPMC is the only Processing Center for PAFOC applicants
Benefits and Salary
- Billeting and housing Privileges
- Insurance and Health Care Benefits
- Chance to become a Military Pilot
- Opportunities for Career enhancements
- Opportunities for Graduate Studies both local and abroad
- Job Security