Are you looking for a job in Philippine Aviation? The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines launches the Comprehensive Air Traffic Service Course Batch 16 (CATS 16).
CAAP is looking for young men and women to join the country’s elite line of Air Traffic Management Officers (ATMOs). A Scholarship is given to successful examinees.
Air Traffic Controller’s responsibilities
Before proceeding to apply, you must take note of what the Air Traffic Management Officers (ATMOs) or commonly known as Air Traffic controllers do.
Air traffic controllers usually manage ground traffic and relay takeoff and landing instructions to the pilots. They monitor aircraft movement with advanced technologies. Furthermore, they communicate with pilots regarding weather information, runway closures, and important announcements.
You can either be a tower controller, approach and departure controller and an en-route controller. An Air Traffic Controller in the Philippines typically earns around 50,469 PHP per month.
- 1. Natural-born citizen of the Philippines.
- 2. Single.
- 3. Not more than twenty-six (26) years old as of September 24, 2022
- 4. Physically, mentally, and psychologically fit and of good moral character.
- 5. Has a good command of the English language.
- 6. Has not been convicted of the criminal or administrative cases.
- 7. Has not been dishonorably separated from Government or private service.
- 8. Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- 1. Baccalaureate degree holder of any course.
- 2. Computer literate.
- 3. With 20/20 vision without corrective lenses, and not color blind.
Acceptance of applications will start on June 15. 2022- September 2, 2022, before 5 PM at the HRM Division of the CAAP, MIA Road, Pasay City, or any CAAP Testing Center. Documents may be submitted in person or via mail courier (see List of Testing
Centers and contact details).
Submit the following documents:
- 1. Accomplished Application form. This can be secure from the CAAP website or from CAAP HRM Division, Pasay City or any CAAP Testing Centers or you can download it here.
- 2. Diploma (authenticated copy) or Certification from School Registrar that they completed the course (original copy).
- 3. Transcript of Records (authenticated copy).
- 4. Birth Certificate (original copy).
- 5. NBI Clearance (original copy).
- 6. 2 pcs.2″x2″ photo (colored picture with white background).
- Name tag format: First name, Middle Initial, Last name and Extension, if any
- 7. Vaccination card/certificate (photocopy)
How to apply?
Submit the Accomplished application form along with the other required documents at the HRM Division of the CAAP, MIA Road, Pasay City or any CAAP Testing Center on or before September 2, 2022.
Documents may be submitted in person or via mail courier (see List of Testing Centers and contact details below).
Applicants must pass the nationwide examination on September 24, 2022 (Saturday) to be held simultaneously at the Civil Aviation Training Center (CATC). Locations are in Pasay City and in designated Testing Centers in Laoag Puerto Princesa, Kalibo, Tacloban. Zamboanga. Laguindingan and Butuan
Training is free. Allowances, accommodation, and other miscellaneous expenses during the training period shall not be covered by this Authority. Successful applicants will be assigned to any Air Traffic Service (ATS) facility nationwide.
Applications with incomplete requirements will not be accepted.
For inquiries, you can e-mail them at [email protected] or call Mr. Tom Carino (+632) 944-2076 or Ms. Jacqueline Tigno (+632) 994-2074. You may as well opt to visit the CAAP website.