Philippine Military Academy is the country’s primary military institution. Thus, it’s tasked to produce the most qualified military leaders for the Armed Forces of the Philippines. It is located in the city of Baguio.
If you are aspiring to be a Cadet, the first step is to take the PMAEE or the Philippine Military Academy Entrance Examination. But before that, let’s take a look at why you should join the Academy.
- Why be a PMA Cadet? Benefits and Privileges
- Medical Disqualifications
- PMA Entrance Exam Schedule PMAEE 2021
- How to apply?
- PMA Application via Mail
- Application via walk-in screening
- PMA Entrance Exam 2021 Coverage
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Numbers
Why be a PMA Cadet? Benefits and Privileges
- Privilege and honor of serving our country– After 4 years of training, you can serve as one of the leaders of the AFP. And be of Service to your country.
- Free College Education– You don’t need to worry about paying your Tuition and other Miscellaneous Fees. It is all free.
- Monthly Salary and Allowances– Aside from getting a free education, you will also receive a monthly salary and allowances.
- Progressive career as an Officer in the Army, Air Force, or Navy
- •Specialized professional training for military
- •Exceptional training and billeting facilities
- •Training requirements are all provided
- Natural Born Filipino Citizen.
- Physically fit and of good moral character.
- Single and has never been married.
- Must pass the PMA Entrance Examination PMAEE.
- No Administrative / Criminal Case.
- At least High School Graduate (Grade 12)
- Height Requirement for both Male and Female is 5 feet (not to exceed 6’4″ for both).
- At least 17 years old but not a day older than 22 years on 01 April of the year of Admission.
If you have all the qualities to be a Cadet, start preparing your Entrance Exam requirements.
- Color Blind
- Any Communicable Disease
- Physical Deformities
- Other Medical Conditions as determined by AFP Medical Board
PMA Entrance Exam Schedule PMAEE 2021
Update: August 13, 2021
The PMA Entrance Examination (PMAEE) 2021 schedule was modified from August 16 to September 19 2021 due to IATF Guidelines published last July 29, 2021. Based on the new schedule, the PMAEE will be administered from September 02 to October 02, 2021.
Refer to the photo below for the new schedule.
PMA will be conducting the PMA Entrance Examination 2021 via Clustering by Island Group through a Staggered PMAEE Date at Major Military Camps and Public Gymnasiums. Refer to the photo below.
How to apply?
PMA no longer accepts online and mail applications effective August 1, 2021. Interested applicants who were not able to submit may still take the PMA Entrance Exam as a Walk-in applicant and should bring the following Photocopy of PSA Birth Certificate, Photocopy of Form 137/138 or Transcript of Records, 2×2 picture with white background, a valid ID (preferably school/drivers license), and at least 2 pencils (No.2)
You can apply in 3 ways. By online application, via mail, or via walk-in screening.
PMA Online Registration 2021
The online application has officially opened on May 1. To apply online, you can follow the steps below:
- Go to the Cadet Application System by clicking this link https://admission.pma.edu.ph.
- Create an account by clicking the pencil icon on the upper portion of the screen. Fill out the required details and make sure to give an active email address.
- A verification code will be sent to your email address. Input the code on the box provided and you will be automatically logged in.
- Provide necessary information and Fill out the online application. Upload scanned copies of your PSA Birth Certificate and Senior High School Form 137 or 138 (with name and grades). These files must be in either PDF or JPEG format. Uploaded PDF files must not exceed 20MB per file while the JPEG ones must not exceed 1MB in size.
- You will then be notified about the status of your application.
- The PMA will validate if you are qualified to take the Exam based on the requirements you uploaded.
- If you are approved, you will receive a notification that you can dowload your exam permit, on the other hand they will also notify you if you are disqualified.
- Download and bring your exam permit on the day of the examination.
PMA Application via Mail
If you intend to apply through mail, you can do so. Download and Fill out the application form at https://www.pma.edu.ph.
- Read the guidelines provided on the second page of the application form.
- Put the following on an envelope along with your application form:
- 2×2 ID picture with white background,
- PSA Birth Certificate (Photocopy)
- Original/Certified True Copy and photocopy of ANY of the following: –
- High School Form 137 or 138
- Latest Grade in High School in currently in Grade 12
- Certificate of Grades from last semester attended (for college students)•
Where to send your application?
You can send your requirements to the address below:
OFFICE OF THE CADET RECRUITMENT AND ADMISSION Philippine Military Academy Fort Gregorio del Pilar, 2602 Baguio City
Then wait for the Office of the Cadet Recruitment and Admission’s response to be sent to the email address that you have provided on your application form.
Application via walk-in screening
For walk-in applicants, be sure to bring the following requirements:
- Photocopy of PSA Birth Certificate
- Original/Certified True Copy and photocopy of ANY of the following:
- Senior High School Form 137 or 138 (with name and grades) –
- Latest Grade in High School in currently in Grade 12
- Certificate of Grades from last semester attended (for college students)
- 2 x 2 Picture with white background
- Valid ID (preferably school/driver’s license
- At least 2 pencils (No. 2)
PMA Entrance Exam 2021 Coverage
Like the past examinations, this year’s PMAEE will also cover the following subject areas:
- Algebra and Geometry
- Reading and Comprehension
- Verbal Reasoning
- Numerical Reasoning
- Pattern Analysis.
You may start to review at least 3 months before the scheduled examination date. Gather as much review materials as you can or look for free PMA Entrance Exam reviewers. They will help you hurdle this first step of your PMA career.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
You can start your physical training while waiting for the exam. Below are the lists of PFT events that you need to complete.
- 3.2 km run
- Pull-ups (male)/ Flex-arm hang (female)
Frequently Asked Questions
|Question: I applied to take the exam at a particular center. Can I take the exam at another center?|
Answer: YES, go to the center on exam day and inform the proctor about your circumstances.
Question: Is there a limit to how many times I can take the exam?
Answer: NONE, so long as you meet the requirements
|Question: I applied by mail but I did not receive a permit or notice?|
Answer: Check the master list for online applicants to verify if you are
qualified to take the exam. If you are not in the list and you think you are qualified, contact the academy registrar. If you are on the list, proceed to the exam center on examination day.
Question: What are the things I should bring during the exam day?
Answer: Photocopy of Birth Certificate and Grades2 x 2 ID PictureValid ID (preferably school/driver’s license)at least 2 pencils ( no. 2)
|Question: I did not apply by mail or online, can I go straight to the exam center on exam day?|
Answer: YES, but you will be the last priority. Priority will be given to regular applicants. Proctors bring only a limited number of exam materials.
Question: How much is the fee to take the exam?
Answer: NO FEES. The exam is FREE.
|Question: How long is the exam?|
Answer: In the morning will be for administrative aspects of the exam. It includes fill up forms, limited physical examination, etc. The exam proper starts at exactly 12.00 noon and will last up to 4.30 pm.
If you passed the PMAEE, you will be notified by the Office of Cadet Admission (OCA). Your notification is either through the mail, newspapers, and website announcement. The OCA will also inform the applicant of the date of your physical examination.
Then report to AFP Medical Center (formerly V. Luna) for medical, dental, and neuropsychiatric examination. They will also give further instructions on the next step of the application process.
For more details, you can contact them through the following:
OFFICE OF THE CADET RECRUITMENT AND ADMISSION (OCRA)
(074) 442- 5520
(0906) 546 6989
You may also reach us thru the following official social media accounts of PMA:
Facebook: Philippine Military Academy “Face-Bok”
You may also send a message at [email protected]