The Philippine Coast Guard is looking for applicants for the International Cadetship Program at the US Coast Guard Academy (USCGA) Class of 2025.
Interested applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Natural born Filipino Citizen;
- Must have reached seventeen (17) years old but not more than twenty-three(23) by 28 June 2021;
- Must be medically and physically fit and able to swim;
- Must pass the Standard Physical Fitness Evaluation (PFE) prescribed under the USCGA Physical Fitness Exam (PFE) Manual;
- Single and with no legal dependents;
- Must have no derogatory records or legal impediments;
- Must have an excellent command of English language and communication skills;
- Must be proficient in English and Mathematics subjects;
- Must be at least High School Graduate by 01 June 2021;
- Must have GWA of ninety percent (90%) and above and must have no grades lower than eighty-five percent (85%);
- Must take either the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) and achieved the prescribed scores as follows:
1) SAT: Math – 600; Reading – 600
2) ACT: Math – 26; English – 27
- Must pass the American Language Course Placement Test (ALCPT) to be
administered at Camp Aguinaldo after passing the SAT/ACT;
- Must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or English
Comprehension Level (ECL) and meet the following score:
TOEFL: 560 on the ITP (paper-based test) or 90 iBT (computer-based test)
In taking SAT or ACT Exams, visit the websites below and be mindful of the deadline of registration:
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
American College Testing (ACT)
Official website: https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/theact-non-us.html
USCGA Code: 0600
Successful applicants will be provided with free tuition, monthly pay and allowances, free board and lodging, transportation expenses, and other government benefits.
They will be admitted as a regular cadet at the USCG Academy and are subject to applicable USCG Academy regulations covering class attendance, discipline, resignation, and graduation requirements.
Upon graduation, Filipino Cadets will be commissioned in
the PCG as a regular Coast Guard Officer with a rank of Ensign. They will render a minimum of eight (8) continuous years of PCG service.
For more information, see the PDF below.
You can also follow the Philippine Coast Guard Official Facebook Page and message them regarding the International Cadetship Program.
Like and follow our Official Facebook Page. You can also download our app on Google play so you can receive updates straight from your phone.