UMID Card stands for Unified Multipurpose ID. It is a single identification card for members of GSIS, SSS, Philhealth, and Pag ibig Fund. This is also accepted as a valid I.d thus you can use it in any transactions in the bank, airports or government agencies.
It uses a contactless smart chip technology that stores biometric data such as your fingerprints, facial image, and signature.
- Benefits of getting a UMID Card?
- Who can get the card?
- UMID ID Requirements
- How to apply for the UMID card?
- SSS Member Application Process
- GSIS Members Application Process
- 2. Go to any GSIS branch along with your requirements
- 3. Wait for a Text from GSIS
- 4. Claim and Activate your Card
- Be the first to receive the latest jobs, scholarships and updates. Subscribe now.
Benefits of getting a UMID Card?
Having at least one or two valid I.Ds is a must especially when transacting to banks, airports, and any government agencies in the Philippines. One of the Valid I.D’s that is free to get and very easy to apply is the UMID Card.
UMID card is very efficient as it is a 4 in 1 card. It facilitates transactions from the 4 government agencies (SSS, GSIS, PhilHealth, Pag ibig fund). Even for any establishments, this card is accepted as a valid ID.
Aside from that, you can also see your contributions, loan status and balance, and other SSS information at any SSS kiosk. Moreover, you can use it as an ATM card to withdraw your GSIS or SSS benefits and loans.
Importantly, this card is free for first-time UMID ID holders.
Who can get the card?
SSS, GSIS, and Philhealth members can get the UMID card as long as they follow the necessary requirements needed. Overseas Filipino Workers can also avail of the card.
UMID ID Requirements
Requirements for UMID card depends on whether you are an SSS member or GSIS member.
You can apply for a UMID card at any SSS branch near you. The UMID card for first-time applicants is free of charge. For those who want to replace their old SSS ID will have to pay a replacement fee of P200.
- Accomplished application form
- Original copy of any of the following: passport, driver’s license, Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) card, or Seaman’s Book.
- If you don’t have any primary ID, present two secondary IDs bearing your correct name, with at least one showing your correct birthdate. Check here the other IDs and documents accepted.
For first time applicants you should meet the following conditions:
- No existing UMID Cards issued by GSIS or PhilHealth.
- Member has at least one (1) month contribution and a valid Date of Coverage
- has an active SSS number status
Government employees are under GSIS. You can apply for the card at any GSIS branch near you.
- GSIS UMID-eCard enrollment form
- Two valid government-issued IDs (e.g., passport, voter’s ID, driver’s license, PRC card, etc.)
How to apply for the UMID card?
As mentioned earlier, requirements and application process depends on whether you are an SSS member or GSIS member. For government employees they are under GSIS thus they need to apply in the GSIS branch whereas private workers are SSS members so they need to apply in the SSS branch.
For applicants that are both members of GSIS and SSS have to apply at the agency based on whether they’re presently employed in the public or private sector.
SSS Member Application Process
1. Fill out the Application Form.
You can download it here. Before writing anything make sure to read the instructions at the back.
Avoid any erasures or alterations. Importantly check if the pieces of information you put are correct and accurate. You should fill it out in Capital Letter and use a black or blue ink pen.
2. Submit the form along with the requirements to any SSS branch
Bring the accomplished application form along with your requirements in the nearest sss branch. But remember not all branches of SSS can process your UMID ID.
Check if the branch of SSS can accommodate you here.
3. Validation of your requirements
The staff will verify your requirements and if all is set, they will get your photo, fingerprints, and signature. You will pay P200 for a replacement fee. On the contrary, if you are a first-time applicant the registration is free.
4. Delivery of UMID card to your address
The processing of your card will take a week or two after your registration. It will then be delivered to your house after 3-4 weeks.
5. Activation of UMID card
After receiving your card, you can activate it to any SSS branch. After activation, it is now ready to use.
If you lost your UMID I.D and want it to be replaced you need an additional requirement which is an Affidavit of Loss. Make sure it is notarized before going to SSS.
GSIS Members Application Process
1. Fill out the Application Form
Download and fill out the application form here.
2. Go to any GSIS branch along with your requirements
Submit two Valid I.Ds and the application form to the staff of the GSIS branch (e.g., passport, voter’s ID, driver’s license, PRC card, etc.). You will then have your photo, thumbmark, and signature is taken after your requirements are verified.
A UMID eCard Release Form will be given to you. Keep this form for claiming your UMID card.
3. Wait for a Text from GSIS
GSIS staff will text you when your card will be ready.
4. Claim and Activate your Card
Go to the GSIS branch where you apply for your card.
Afterward, get a queue number and give the UMID eCard Release Form that was given after your registration, two valid government-issued IDs and Accomplished Bank Customer Information Record (available at the GSIS branch).
Get your card and go to the nearest branch of GSIS and look for the Wireless Activated Processing System ([email protected]) kiosk. Put your I.D on the e-card reader and your finger to the fingerprint scanner. A message of activation on the screen will be shown if it is successful. You just need to wait for 72 hours to be fully activated.
You now have a UMID I.D that can be used on any transactions. Have you tried getting yours?