The Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) is now accepting applications for the GSIS Educational Subsidy Program (GESP) until September 30. It offers a Php10,000 yearly allowance to 10,000 children or dependents of its low-income members.
It will allocate Php100 million educational subsidy programs yearly through the GSIS Educational Subsidy Program (GESP).
Also Read: List of GESP grantees 2020-2021
“In support of the social development policy of President Duterte to provide wider access to quality college education to the marginalized sector, GSIS aims to augment the means of its low-income members in sending their children or dependents to college through the grant of a P10,000 yearly allowance,” said GSIS chairman and concurrent acting president and general manager Rolando Macasaet.
It aims to complement RA No. 10931 or the 2017 Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education which provides free tuition and miscellaneous fees to enrollees of state colleges and universities.
According to Macasaet, in order to extend aid to more recipients, they will offer GESP to a wide number of members. They will select 10,000 children or dependents of members with the lowest annual basic salary from among the applicants nationwide.
Who can nominate a GESP Grantee?
- All GSIS members with Permanent Status at the time of application with a salary grade of 24 or below or its equivalent job level are eligible to nominate a grantee. The member’s GSIS account (premium and loan payment) must be in good standing with updated payment and not declared in arrears on amortization of not more than three (3) months.
Who are qualified to be a grantee?
Dependents of Active GSIS members who are:
- A college student in any year level who is accepted in or taking up any 4-5 year course in any CHED registered SUC, LUC, or private colleges and universities.
- The applicant must not have any scholarship from private or public agency.
- The grantee must have a General Weighted Average of 80% (grade in the previous semester/term) with no failing
grades and incomplete marks.
What are the Requirements?
To apply, you must submit the following:
- Filled out GESP application form;
- Service Record or Certificate of Employment
- Copy of Birth Certificate of the Nominated Grantee
- Certificate of Registration/Enrollment of Nominated Grantee
- Report Card or School Certification of Nominated Grantee with a general weighted average of 80% and no failing grade or incomplete mark in any subject.
- Senior High School Report Card of Nominated Grantee if incoming college freshman.
Where to apply?
Go to the nearest GSIS Branch Office or DropBox to submit the requirements.
For more inquiries you can contact:
Corporate Social Advocacies and Public Relations Facilities Department
Telephone number: (02) 8479-3571 and (02) 8479-3572 Cellphone: 0915-7364175
Email: [email protected]
The allowance shall be release through electronic crediting to their account at the Land Bank of the Philippines that will be opened by GSIS for this purpose.
The deadline for application is extended until September 30, 2021.