The Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP) of the Department of Health trains health professionals to become competent field epidemiologists who can be at the forefront of epidemics and public health threats.
It is a fulltime two-year training that enables the fellows to develop necessary skills in applied epidemiology, disease surveillance, biostatistics, health communication, and leadership and management.
It enables the trainees to develop necessary skills in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data for evidence-based decision making.
To meet the country’s disease prevention and control needs, the FETP aims to produce in both regional and local levels of the Philippine Public Health System.
- Health professionals (physicians. nurses, medical technologies, veterinarians, pharmacist, and dentist)
- Two years of experience in public health service and holding a permanent government position.
- Must be willing to be deployed for field investigations.
- Must be willing to provide four-year return service to the Philippine government after the completion of the two-year course.
- Age less than or equal to 50 years.
- Completely accomplished FETP application form.
- Letter of Intent addressed to Epidemiology Bureau Director
- Letter of Endorsement from Head of Office (Two professional Supervisors)
- Photocopy of Civil Service Commission Form no. 33 B (appointment)
- Photocopy of Diploma
- Photocopy of PRC Registration and license
- Two latest passport pictures
Application for FETP Batch 31 is now open and interested applicants may submit their requirements to Epidemiology Bureau, Department of Health.
Office Address: Room 308,3rd Floor Bldg. 19 (Epidemiology Bureau), Department of Health, San Lazaro Compound, Rizal Avenue, Sta. Cruz Manila, Philippines 1003
For additional information or inquiries, you may reach them at (02) 8651-7800 local 2951/2923 or email us at [email protected].
Source: DOH facebook page