Additional Requirements for Special Cases in Passport Application and FAQ

There are some special cases that need some additional requirements to be able to process your passport.

There are three main categories for passport application. The requirements depend on the category you are under. But more or less the procedure is quite the same.

Getting a new passport– meaning you don’t have a passport from the beginning.

Renewal of old passport– you own an old passport and wanted a new one.

Lost passport– if you lost your passport and wanted to get a new one.

Since I already discuss the requirements and step by step application for getting a new one and for the renewal, we will focus on the lost passport this time.


Special Cases with Additional Requirements

In case of a Lost VALID e-Passport/ none e-passport

The e-passport is the new brown passport with the chip in front of the cover. This will be treated as a new application.

Aside from the requirements needed for the new application, you will need the following additional documents:

  • Police Report in English (Original and photocopy)
  • Affidavit of Loss in English (Original and photocopy)
  • Penalty Fee: Php350.00

If the photocopy of your passport is still available, you won’t need a Birth certificate anymore.

 Additional 15 business days clearing period for Lost Valid Passports.

In case of Lost EXPIRED e-Passport/none e-passport

If you lost your expired passport, this will be treated as a new application. Follow the requirements and guidelines of a new passport application.

If the photocopy of your last issued passport is available, the Birth Certificate will not be required.

Aside from the requirements for the new application of passport, you will need this Additional requirement:

  • Affidavit of Loss in English
  • Penalty Fee: Php350.00

In case the passport has been mutilated or damaged

If your passport has been damaged for some reasons, it will be treated as NEW APPLICATION. Follow the guidelines for the new application of passport and requirements.

Additional requirements for Mutilated and / or Damaged Passports

  • Affidavit of Explanation
  • Applicant must surrender mutilated/damaged passport
  • Penalty Fee: Php350.00
Related  PWD Requirements and Online Application Guide

In case of Late Registered Birth Certificate

If your birth certificate was registered at least ten (10) years ago, the application will be treated as a regular application, and no additional supporting documents will be required.

However, if your birth certificate was registered less than ten (10) years ago, you must submit IDs that pre-date the late registration.

If you have no IDs that pre-date the late registered Birth certificate, you must then produce current IDs and National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance.

In case NO Birth Certificate or Report of Birth

If an applicant is born AFTER 1950 – applicant must first file for late registration with Local Civil Registrar (LCR) or Consular Office with jurisdiction over the place where the applicant was born. The applicant will then submit the original copy of the PSA authenticated late registered Birth Certificate with the requisite supporting documents and IDs that pre-date the late registration

If an applicant is born ON OR BEFORE 1950 – applicant must submit original copies of PSA Authenticated Certificate of No Birth Record and Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons attesting to the identity of the applicant.

If your marriage has been dissolved and wants to revert to your maiden surname

You must submit an original copy of the annotated PSA Marriage Certificate (MC) or Report of Marriage (ROM) stating that the marriage has been dissolved.

Alternatively, if annotated MC or ROM from PSA is not yet available, the applicant must submit a Certified True Copy of the Court Order dissolving the marriage and a certificate of Finality from the court.

If you have lacking data in Birth Certificate or Report of Birth

You must submit proof of filing of supplemental report or correction from the Local Civil Registrar (LCR).

In case of an error in your data in Birth Certificate / Report of Birth and other documents

If there is a mistake in your Birth certificate, you must present an annotated birth certificate authenticated by PSA reflecting the corrected entry. If the discrepant data is in the other documents, the BC will be followed.

  1. Suppose error is in your first name – You should submit a copy of the petition and supporting documents for correction of the first name filed with Local Civil Registrar (LCR) or consulate.
  2. However, if the mistake is in other data – Applicant must submit annotated birth certificate authenticated by PSA reflecting the corrected entry.
Related  National ID Tracking: How to track Philsys Id?

Frequently Asked Questions

Who are qualified to get a Passport?

All Filipino Citizens are eligible top get a passport.

How long should I wait for my passport to be released?

You can choose whether you want regular processing or expedite processing. The payment and processing time for these two are different.

For Regular, the payment will be P950 and it will take 12 business days both for Manila and outside Manila.

While for Expedite, you need to pay a fee of P1200 and will take 6-7 business days.

It may take longer for provincial area.

Delivery fee not included and may vary upon location.

You may be charged an additional convenience fee for online e-payments.

What is the validity of Passport?

In accordance with Department Order No. 010-2017 or the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act No. 10928 (2017), the Philippine passport has a ten-year validity period, for those issued to Filipinos 18 years or older. Filipinos under 18 years will still be issued five-year valid passports.

Can I add additional pages for my passport?

If you run out of pages in your passport, you cannot add an extra paper to it. Instead, you have to renew and get a new one.

Can I extend the validity of my passport?

You cannot extend your passport validity. Make sure to check first your passport before traveling.

Can someone else claim my passport on my behalf?

If you are unable to pick up your passport on the scheduled release date, you must execute a Special Power of Attorney stating the reasons for the failure to personally claim your passport.

The SPA should also include the name and a copy of the ID of the person you are authorizing to pick up the passport on your behalf. However, for minors, the passports will only be released to their parent/s.

Related  SAP 2nd tranche: Who can receive and schedule of payout?

What if I was not able to claim my passport?

The Department will cancel your passport after one hundred and eighty (180) days from the application date. Therefore, don’t wait for a long time to claim your passport.

 I availed courier services to deliver my passport. Upon receipt, I found a discrepancy with my personal details. What should I do?

If your passport details have any discrepancy, you are required to report such inconsistency to the DFA capturing site where you originally filed your application for appropriate action.

I made a mistake in filling out my application form. Will this affect my application? Will my appointment be canceled?

The application form may be corrected based on your documents on the day of your appointment. Please tell the passport processor about it.

Please be reminded that any incorrect information that is inputted in the application form may result in a delay in your application.

Any misrepresentation on your part may be considered grounds for refusal or cancellation of your appointment.

Is obtaining an appointment from fixers and passport appointment assistance services illegal?

Yes, it is a violation of the law. Violators will be prosecuted and barred from applying for a passport. Appointments not made through are not legitimate appointments.

In summary, whatever your case is, there is always a way for you to get a passport. You just need to follow the necessary requirements and guidelines from the DFA.

If you have a special case that was not answered here, contact the DFA directly.

Source: DFA

Comments are closed.