Are you planning to open an account in the Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)? BPI is the oldest bank in the Philippines. That’s one of the reasons why people choose this bank amongst others. It has established not only its name but also the “trust” of the public.
BPI open account requirements
When you decided to open a savings account with BPI, you need the following requirements:
- Valid, unexpired, photo-bearing Identification Card (ID) with signature( Original and Photocopy)
BPI ID Requirements
List of Acceptable IDs for BPI open account application
- Passport including those issued by foreign governments
- Driver’s license
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card
- Social Security System (SSS) card
- Senior Citizen card
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) ID
- Government office and Government-owned and Controlled Corporation (GOCC) ID (e.g., Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) IDs)
- ID issued by the National Council on Disability Affairs
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
- Company IDs issued by private entities or institutions registered with or supervised or regulated either by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or Insurance Commission (IC)
- PhilHealth Health Insurance Card ng Bayan
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Baranggay Certification
- Seaman’s Book
- Alien Certificate of Registration / Immigrant Certificate of Registration
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
- Professional ID cards issued by the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA)
- Initial deposit: The BPI initial deposit for opening an account will depend on your preferred savings account type. You can check it here.
- Proof of billing e.g. billing statement for a credit card, electricity, internet, water, and so on.
- An ID picture 1×1 or 2×2
- A tax identification number (TIN)
How to open a BPI savings account?
- Visit the BPI branch near you.
- Approach the teller in the “New account section” and inform the staff that you want to open a savings account.
- Prepare the needed requirements.
- Fill out the application form given by the employee.
- Pay the initial deposit depending on your chosen savings account.
- Wait for your account to be activated. It will take more or less within 24 to 48 hours.
- Claim your atm or passbook on the given time frame of the teller. Usually, it will take 5 to 7 days.
- Change your pin. A newly atm card has a temporary pin. It is advisable to change it for your security. To do so, just go to the ATM machine, insert your card, choose your preferred language, click the change pin button, then enter your new 4 digit pin. Input your old pin as well then a message that you successfully change your pin will be shown on the monitor.