The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Academy announces the opening of applications for those who aspire to be an NBI agent.
NBI Academy is located in Baguio. The training is the start of agents’ evolution as law enforcement officers. After the training, agents are authorized to conduct crime detection and investigation
If you are interested to be a part of the modern bureau, check out the requirements and qualifications below.
What NBI agents do?
The NBI agents have the following powers and functions:
(a) Undertake investigations pursuant to the mandate of the NBI;
(b) Conduct searches, arrests, and seizures in accordance with existing laws, rules and regulations;
(c) Take and require sworn statements of any person or persons so summoned in relation to cases under investigation;
(d) Administer oaths in cases under investigation; and
(e) Such other functions as may be assigned by the NBI Director.
Who are qualified to be an NBI agent?
- Must be a Filipino Citizen with good moral character.
- Physically and mentally fit.
- A member of the Philippine Bar, or holder of a baccalaureate degree who passed the necessary government licensure examination relevant to the investigative function of the NBI. (Note: Completion of at least 2nd year in Bachelor of Laws or at least two (2) years experience in the field of Information. Technology (I.T.) shall be an advantage.)
- Must have normal (20/20) vision
- No pending criminal, civil and administrative charges, and never convicted of any crime.
- Age must be between 25-35 years.
- Height should be at least 5’5 for male and 5’3 for female.
- No tattoo or pierced ears.
- Willing to be assigned anywhere in the Philippines.
If you possess all the given conditions, prepare all your requirements, and start chasing your dream.
- Transcript of Records
- Eligibility (Bar/Board)
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Personal Data Sheet (CS Form 212)
- 2 pcs. 2×2 Pictures (Note: In Formal Attire/White Background)
- NBI Clearance
- Affidavit of Non-pendancy of case
- ITR/W2- if working
- SALN – if Government Employee
The NBI Academy is now accepting applications for the 52nd Agent’s Basic Training Course. If you are qualified send them the following at [email protected]:
Application Letter (PDF)
PDS Form (PDF)
2×2 Picture (.jpeg)
Application process and Screening Procedure
NBI Academy has rigid screening procedures and qualifying examinations. This is to ensure that they will select the best and most qualified applicants. Refer to the list below.
- Preliminary Medical Check-up
- Written Examination
- Preliminary Interview
- Neuro-Psychiatric Examination
- Complete Medical Examination
- Agility Test
- Polygraph Test
- Background Investigation
- Panel Interview
- Training in the NBI Academy
How long is the training in the NBI Academy?
Applicants will need to undergo extensive training for at least 20 weeks at the NBI Academy.
For more information, you can call the NBI Academy, Ground Floor, NBI Taft Avenue, Manila. at 09176215300/09982519941 Landline: (02)8526-62-07 Email add: [email protected]