The National Bureau of Investigation NBI academy announces the online application for those who aspire to be an NBI agent.
NBI Academy is located in Baguio. The training is the start of agents’ evolution as law enforcement officers. After the training, agents are authorized to conduct crime detection and investigation
If you are interested to be a part of the modern bureau, check out the requirements and qualifications below.
What NBI agents do?
The NBI agents have the following powers and functions:
(a) Undertake investigations pursuant to the mandate of the NBI;
(b) Conduct searches, arrests, and seizures in accordance with existing laws, rules and regulations;
(c) Take and require sworn statements of any person or persons so summoned in relation to cases under investigation;
(d) Administer oaths in cases under investigation; and
(e) Such other functions as may be assigned by the NBI Director.
Who are qualified to be an NBI agent?
These are the qualifications to be an NBI agent:
- Must be a Filipino Citizen with good moral character.
- Physically and mentally fit.
- Lawyer or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- No pending criminal, civil and administrative charges, and never convicted of any crime.
- Age must be between 25-35 years.
- Height should be at least 5’5 for male and 5’3 for female.
- With a general weighted average of 85% in the transcript of records.
- Vision within the normal range.
- No tattoo or pierced ears.
- Willing to be assigned anywhere in the Philippines.
If you possess all the given conditions, prepare all your requirements, and start chasing your dream.
Bring / submit the following documents to the National Academy for pre-assessment;
- Transcript of Records
- Eligibility (Bar/Board)
- Birth Certificate Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Community Tax Certificate
- Residential Certificate
- Personal Data Sheet (CS Form 212)
- 2 pcs. 2×2 Pictures (Note: In Formal Attire/White Background)
- NBI and Police Clearances
- Court Clearances from RTC, MTC, and Prosecutor’s ITR/W2- if working
- SALN – if Government Employee
Upon submission of requirements, wear your proper attire.
You can apply online by visiting this link . Fill out the application form online. Then download the NBI agent application Form which will be given to you upon completion of the online application above. Print and fill out the downloaded form. Scan your requirements listed above and email it to [email protected] with the subject (NBI AGENT APPLICATION – “YOUR LAST NAME”)
Wait for an email from them, then bring your documents on the scheduled appointment.
Application process and Screening Procedure
NBI Academy has rigid screening procedures and qualifying examinations. This is to ensure that they will select the best and most qualified applicants. Refer to the list below.
- Preliminary Medical Check-up
- Written Examination
- Preliminary Interview
- Neuro-Psychiatric Examination
- Complete Medical Examination
- Agility Test
- Polygraph Test
- Background Investigation
- Panel Interview
- Training in the NBI Academy
How long is the training in the NBI Academy?
Applicants will need to undergo extensive training for at least 20 weeks at the NBI Academy.
For more information, you can call or visit the NBI Academy, Ground Floor, NBI Taft Avenue, Manila. Direct line 526-6207, Trunk line number 523-8231, 32-38 local 4505. You can also visit the nearest regional district NBI offices in yourarea.