Department of Health created the Doctors to the Barrios program in 1993 to address the lack of doctors practicing in rural communities in the Philippines.
Since then, 34 batches of doctors have been deployed. Their aim is to work in primary care and public health in geographically isolated and disadvantaged areas in the Philippines.
Currently, there are 215 doctors serving under the program. They are working everywhere from Batanes to Tawi-Tawi.
If you wish to be a Doctor in the Barrio and serve the country especially those in need, apply now.
The DOH deploys physicians to serve in priority municipalities to ensure the delivery of quality health care services in marginalized and underserved areas
Salary Grade: 24
Magna Carta for Public Health Workers
Sponsored Masteral degree program
Licensed Physician, Training: None Required, Experience: None Required
Physically and Mentally Fit
Strong interest in public health and community development
Willing and able to work in depressed, underserved, hard to reach and critical areas
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops local health systems based on the priority need of the locality.
• Formulates an evidenced-based, Annual Area-based Health Plan (AHP).
• Manages the mobilization of resources for programs and projects related to public health and Rural Health Unit (RHU) operation through an established inter/intra agency partnership and collaboration.
• Develops/conducts capability building interventions/initiatives for health workers and other stakeholders in the local government unit.
• Develops and implements advocacy projects and strategies for health programs and conducts monitoring & evaluation of health programs.
• Conducts epidemiology investigation whenever necessary and perform Medico-Legal Cases.
• Conducts regular medical consultations and referral of serious cases to appropriate facilities.
• Manages health information system including recording and reporting system to include an institutionalized mechanism in validating data.
• Responds/Attends to Public Health Emergencies and disasters especially in critical areas of needs.
PLACE OF ASSIGNMENT
Identified doctorless areas; Geographically Isolated Disadvantaged Areas (GIDA); 4th, 5th, and 6th class municipalities
Requirements for the application are:
- Letter addressed to the Director of Center for Health Development (CHD) or Ministry of Health for Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM)
- Four (4) notarized copies of Personal Data Sheet with
- Original Work Experience Sheet (CSC Form 212 Revised 2017)
- Certified True Copy (CTC) of Diploma
How to apply?
All interested applicants shall apply directly and send requirements thru email to the contact information on the DOH-CHDs and MOH-BARMM below:
DOH Regional Office – NCR
Welfareville Subd., Mandaluyong City
CORAZON I. FLORES, MD, MPH, CESO IV
OIC – Director IV
(02) 8531-0015, 8531-0017
DOH CORDILLERA ADMINISTRATIVE
BGHMC Compound, Baguio City
RUBY C. CONSTANTINO, MD, MPH, CESO IV
(074) 442 8096, 442-7591 loc. 103
ILOCOS CENTER FOR HEALTH
San Fernando, La Union
VALERIANO V. LOPEZ, MD, MHA, MPH,
(072) 607-6413 loc 103
CAGAYAN VALLEY CENTER FOR HEALTH
RIO L. MAGPANTAY, MD, PHSAE, CESO III
CENTRAL LUZON CENTER FOR HEALTH
San Fernando, Pampanga
CESAR C. CASSION, MD, MPH, CESO IV
CALABARZON CENTER FOR HEALTH
Project 4, Quezon City
EDUARDO C. JANAIRO, MD, MPHM,
(02) 8913-3616. 8249-2000 loc 4401
MIMAROPA CENTER FOR HEALTH
Project 4, Quezon City
EDUARDO JANAIRO, MD, MPHM, CESO III
8912-0195 Local 144, 8913-4560
BICOL CENTER FOR HEALTH DEVELOPMENT
ERNIE V. VERA, MD, MPH, CHA, CESO III
(052) 204-0040, (052) 204-0050
WESTERN VISAYAS CENTER FOR
Mandurriao, Iloilo City
MARLYN W. CONVOCAR, MD, MPH,
(033) 332-2329 loc. 126
CENTRAL VISAYAS CENTER FOR HEALTH
JAIME S. BERNADAS, MD, MGM, CESO III
(032) 253-6355, 418-7130
EASTERN VISAYAS CENTER FOR HEALTH
EXUPERIA B. SABALBERINO, MD, MPH, CESe
OIC – Director IV
ZAMBOANGA PENINSULA CENTER FOR
EMILIA P. MONICIMO, MD, MPH
NORTHERN MINDANAO CENTER FOR
Carmen, Cagayan de Oro City
ADRIANO P. SUBA-AN, MD, MPH, MCHM,
(088) 858 7123
DAVAO CENTER FOR HEALTH DEVELOPMENT
ANABELLE P. YUMANG, MD, MCH, CESE
(082) 305-1903, 305-1904
SOCCSKSARGEN CENTER FOR
ARISTIDES C. TAN, MD, MPH, CESO III
CARAGA CENTER FOR HEALTH
Narra Rd., Butuan City
JOSE R. LLACUNA, JR., MD, MPH, CESO III
BARMM MINISTRY OF HEALTH
ARMM Cmpd., Cotabato City
AMIREL S. USMAN, MD, DipHM, DPCHA, CHA
OIC – Minister of Health
(064) 421-6842, 421-3988