Department of Education officially opens the application for Senior High School Voucher Program (SHS VP) online today June 29, for School Year 2020-2021.
DepEd Voucher refers to a subsidy given by the State to a qualified Grade 10 completers to enable them to enroll in a Non-DepEd SHS of their choice.
The subsidy is not given to the learner as cash; DepEd instead pays directly to the non-DepEd SHS where the learner enrolls.
Grade 10 Students who graduated from public high school and those who graduated in a private school with Education Service Contracting Subsidy (ESC) are automatically included in the program thus there is no need for them to apply.
Students who graduated from a private school with no Education Service Contracting Subsidy (ESC) can avail of the voucher in order to enroll in a non-DepEd Senior high School.
Who are eligible to apply?
Automatic Qualified Learner
The following grade 10 completers of SY 2019-2020 are automatically qualified for the SHS VP thus there is no need for them to apply:
- All Grade 10 completers from DepEd public schools.
- All Grade 10 completers from SUCs at LUCs.
- All Grade 10 completers from private schools who are ESC grantees.
Only learners in the categories below need to apply for vouchers and shall be referred to as voucher applicants (VAs). Acceptance of VAs shall be determined using set parameters subject to the availability of funds.
- All Grade 10 completers in private schools in SY 2019-2020 who are not ESC grantees
- All Grade 10 completers who completed Grade 10 prior to SY 2019-2020 but not earlier than 2016 and had not previously enrolled for Grade 11
- Learners who had passed the ALS A&E Test for Grade 10 not earlier than 2016 and had not previously enrolled for Grade 11 or will take the ALS A&E Test in SY 2020-2021
- Learners who passed the PEPT for Grade 10 not earlier than 2016 and had not previously enrolled for Grade 11 or will take the PEPT in SY 2020-2021
NOTE: The following learners are not eligible for SHS VP:
- Learners who graduated High School in 2015 or earlier –
- Incoming Grade 12 learners who were not part of SHS VP in Grade 11
- Non-Filipino learners
PEAC Voucher application 2020-2021
You can apply for the Voucher Online by visiting the Online Voucher Application Portal OVAP in this link http://ovap.peac.org.ph. The registration as well as the voucher is free.
What are the requirements?
Prepare the following requirements:
Recent 2×2 colored ID photo
Proof of financial means of Parents/Guardian
Signed Parent Consent Form for voucher applicant 18 years old below (bit.ly/SHSVP2020annex1)
Certificate of Financial Assistance from the JHS, if applicable. (bit.ly/SHSVP2020annex2)
Deadline of Application
The Deadline of Application is on July 24, 2020, but you only have until July 22 to create an account on OVAP. The documents can still be submitted until October 30, 2020.
For more details, refer to the PDF guidelines below: