Department of Education officially opens the application for Senior High School Voucher Program (SHS VP) online for School Year 2022-2023.
DepEd, in collaboration with the Private Education Assistance Committee (PEAC), will accept online applications from June 29-July 29, 2022 through the Online Voucher Application Portal (OVAP).
DepEd Voucher refers to a subsidy given by the State to qualified Grade 10 completers to enable them to enroll in a Non-DepEd SHS of their choice.
The subsidy is not given to the learner as cash; DepEd instead pays directly to the non-DepEd SHS where the learner enrolls.
Grade 10 Students who graduated from public high school and those who graduated in a private school with Education Service Contracting Subsidy (ESC) are automatically included in the program thus there is no need for them to apply.
Students who graduated from a private school with no Education Service Contracting Subsidy (ESC) can avail of the voucher in order to enroll in a non-DepEd Senior high School.
Who are eligible to apply?
Automatic Qualified Learner
The following grade 10 completers of SY 2020-2021 are automatically qualified for the SHS VP thus there is no need for them to apply:
- All Grade 10 completers from DepEd public schools.
- All Grade 10 completers from SUCs at LUCs.
- All Grade 10 completers from private schools who are ESC grantees.
Only learners in the categories below need to apply for vouchers and shall be referred to as voucher applicants (VAs). Acceptance of VAs shall be determined using set parameters subject to the availability of funds.
- All Grade 10 completers in private schools in SY 2021-2022 who are not ESC grantees
- All Grade 10 completers who completed Grade 10 prior to SY 2021-2022 but not earlier than 2016 and had not previously enrolled for Grade 11
- Learners who had passed the ALS A&E Test for Grade 10 not earlier than 2016 and had not previously enrolled in Grade 11 or ALS learners who passed the Presentation Portfolio Assessment n SY 2022-2023.
- Learners who passed the PEPT for Grade 10 not earlier than 2016 and had not previously enrolled for Grade 11 or will take the PEPT in SY 2022-2023.
NOTE: The following learners are not eligible for SHS VP:
- Learners who graduated High School in 2015 or earlier –
- Incoming Grade 12 learners who were not part of SHS VP in Grade 11
- Non-Filipino learners
Applicable Voucher Values
|Location of Non-DepEd SHS||QVR Category||Voucher Amount||Voucher Amount for SUC/LUC|
|National Capital Region (NCR)||Categories A, E, F||₱22,500||₱11,250|
|Categories B, C, D||₱18,000|
|Highly urbanized cities (HUCs) outside of NCR||Categories A, E, F||₱20,000||₱10,000|
|Categories B, C, D||₱16,000|
|All other locations||Categories A, E, F||₱17,500||₱8,750|
|Categories B, C, D||₱14,000|
Voucher amounts represent the maximum payment a VP-participating SHS shall be paid per VPB per school year. Schools receive voucher payments based on the total school fees they charge or the maximum voucher amount applicable, whichever is lower.
PEAC Voucher application 2022-2023
You can apply for the Voucher Online by visiting the Online Voucher Application Portal OVAP at this link http://ovap.peac.org.ph. The registration, as well as the voucher, is free.
STEP 1- Create an Account in the Online Voucher Application Portal.
STEP 2- Receive a verification email.
*Make sure that the email address is valid and that the applicant has access to it.
STEP 3- Verify the email address to Activate the OVAP Account.
STEP 4- Login to OVAP Account with the email address and password provided by the student applicant during the signup process.
STEP 5- Fully Accomplish ALL Sections with corresponding information being asked.
STEP 6- Download Required Pertinent Documents
- Annex 1: Affidavit of Family’s Financial Capacity
- Annex 2: Parents/Guardian’s Consent Form
- Annex 3: Certificate of Financial Assistance (Applicable only to Student Applicants who received financial assistance from their Junior High School (JHS))
*The system will automatically generate the documents with pre-filled information based on the details the student applicant has provided.
STEP 7- Follow the instructions stated in Section IV – Supporting Documents.
STEP 8- Scan & Upload Signed & Notarized required pertinent documents to the OVAP user account.
STEP 9- Preview Application.
STEP 10-Attest and Submit the Application.
STEP 11- Check Email regularly for updates on the application.
Deadline of Application
Voucher applicants must create accounts on OVAP on or before July 22, 2022. Meanwhile, the deadline for application is on July 29, 2022.
Results will be posted on August 22, 2022, and qualified voucher applicants may start voucher redemption on the same day.