Locally Stranded Individuals (LSIs) are Filipino citizens or Foreign nationals in a specific locality within the Philippines who have expressed intention to return to their place of residence/ home origin
- Local or foreign tourists
- Individuals stranded in various localities while in transit
- Other stranded individuals
Locally Stranded Individuals Requirements
In order to return to your home, you need the following requirements
- Medical Clearance Certification
- Travel Authority
The Joint Task Force CV Shield headed by the Philippine National Police (PNP) is authorized to issue Travel Authority
- Commander of JTF CV Shield – interregional movement
- Commander, Regional JTF CV Shield – intraregional movement
- Commander, Provincial JTF CV Shield – movement between component municipalities/ cities of the same province
You will also need a medical clearance certificate from the city or municipal health office.
What are the basis for securing a Medical Clearance Certification?
- LSI is neither a contact, suspect, probable nor a confirmed COVID-19 case; and
- LSI completed a mandatory 14-day quarantine based on the standards set by the DOH;
- or LSI confirmed as a COVID-19 case was tested negative through RT-PCR twice;
Can an LGU deny entry of LSIs?
All receiving LGUS shall not deny the entry of LSIS with complete requirements, provided that prior coordination was made through the NTF and/or the Regional Task Forces (RTFS), and other concerned agencies as deemed necessary.
The receiving LGUS, however, may subject the LSls to its local health protocols and procedures, such as 14-day quarantine and rapid anti-body testing for COVID-19 disease, that are consistent with IATF policies.
Is the Certificate of Acceptance required to be issued by the receiving LGU?
The Certificate of Acceptance is not required from the receiving LGU.
Source: National Task force Against Covid 19