Electrical engineers design, develop, and test electrical equipment. They also conduct research and invent new technologies in this field. They are responsible for the safety of their designs, so they must be knowledgeable in a broad range of topics.
Electrical engineers may specialize in the design of power systems, communications systems, or control systems. The work varies depending on the type of job.
Electrical engineers may be employed by manufacturers or by engineering consulting firms that specialize in specific areas of expertise, such as computer vision or energy management. They can also work for government agencies or educational institutions.
To be able to be a licensed Electrical Engineer in the Philippines, you should pass the Electrical Engineering Board Exam given by the Professional Regulation Commission.
Electrical Engineering (REE) Board Exam Schedule 2023
The Electrical Engineering Licensure Examination is held twice a year. For this year’s schedule, the First Batch is on April 25 & 26, 2023. While the second batch is on September 2 & 3, 2023. Refer to the table below for the complete details:
|Date of Exam||Testing Centers||Start of Application||Deadline of Application|
|April 25 & 26, 2023||NCR, Baguio, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Calapan, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Koronadal, Legazpi, Lucena, Pagadian, Pampanga, Rosales, Tacloban, Tuguegarao, Zamboanga, and Palawan||January 25, 2023||March 27, 2023|
|September 2 & 3, 2023||NCR, Baguio, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Calapan, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Koronadal, Legazpi, Lucena, Pagadian, Pampanga, Rosales, Tacloban, Tuguegarao, Zamboanga, and Palawan||May 22, 2023||July 20, 2023|
Electrical Engineering Board Exam Requirements
You must have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) to be able to take the REE Board Exam and satisfy the following requirements:
- Birth Certificate
- Transcript of Records
- NBI Clearance
- Community Tax Certificate (CTC) or Cedula
- Marriage Certificate
- Only required from married female applicants. You can acquire your Marriage Certificate from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).
- Metered Documentary Stamp
- 4 pcs Passport Sized Photos
- The images must be white in the background and have a collar in the candidate’s attire. The images should be in JPG format.
- Re-examination of failed subjects is allowed any number of times
Electrical Engineering Board Exam Subject Coverage
Here are the Subjects for the Electrical Engineering Licensure Examination.
- Mathematics (25%)
- Analytical Geometry
- Differential Calculus & Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Complex Numbers
- Probability & Statistics
- Power Series
- Power Series & Fourier Analysis
- Laplace Transforms
- Engineering Sciences and Allied Subjects (30%)
- General Chemistry
- College Physics
- Computer Fundamentals & Programming Engineering
- Engineering Materials
- Engineering Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Strength of Materials
- Electrical Engineering Law
- Engineering Economics
- Engineering Management
- Contracts & Specifications
- Code of Professional Ethics
- Philippine Electrical Code Parts 1 and 2
- Electrical Engineering Professional Subjects (45%)
- Electric Circuits
- Electronic Theory & Circuits
- Energy Conversion
- Power Transmission and Distribution
- Instrumentation & Measurement
- Circuit and Line Protection
- Control System
- Principles of Communication
- Electrical Machines
- Electrical Equipment
- Components & Devices
- Electric Systems
- Power Plant
- Electronic Power Equipment
- Building Wiring
How to apply for the Electrical Engineering Board Exam?
Applicants are also advised to pay through Landbank (i-access), PayMaya, or UCPB(over the counter). After your application, you can go to the PRC office to submit all the requirements needed.
Prohibited to bring in the exam
The following items are strictly PROHIBITED inside the examination premises/rooms.
a. Books, notes, review materials, and other printed materials containing coded data/information/formula.
b. Calculators which are programmable or with embedded functions especially CASIO FX991ES and CASIO FX-991ES plus
c. APPLE, SAMSUNG, AND OTHER SMART WATCHES, CELLULAR PHONES, EAR PLUGS, TRANSMITTERS, PORTABLE COMPUTERS, BLUETOOTH, AND OTHER ELECTRONIC GADGETS/DEVICES WHICH MAY BE USED
FOR COMMUNICATION PURPOSES
d. Bags of any kind (ladies bag, shoulder bags, attaché case, backpacks, etc.)
e. Other examination aids not stated in this program.