If you are an aspiring Veterinarian in the Philippines, you need to pass the Veterinary Licensure Examination given by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC). We will be tackling the Veterinary Board Exam Schedule, Requirements, Online Application, and the Coverage of the exam.
What do Veterinarians do?
As a veterinarian, you’ll be responsible for treating animals. You may also work to improve public health by preventing the spread of disease between animals and people.
You might examine and treat pets at home or in your clinic, perform surgeries on animals, or help prevent disease outbreaks in animal populations.
Veterinary Board Exam Schedule
The PRC releases the date of Licensure Exams for 2023.
The Schedule of the Board Exam for Veterinarians for the year 2022, is set for March and September. The First batch will be on March 1, 2 & 3, 2023 at several testing centers located at NCR, Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Koronadal, Legazpi, Lucena, Rosales, and Tuguegarao. While the second batch is on September 26, 27 & 28, 2023. Refer to the table below:
|Date of Exam||Testing Locations||Start of Application||Deadline of Application|
|March 1, 2 & 3, 2023||NCR, Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Koronadal, Legazpi, Lucena, Rosales, and Tuguegarao||December 29, 2021||March 1, 2022|
|September 26, 27 & 28, 2023||NCR, Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Koronadal, Legazpi, Lucena, Rosales, and Tuguegarao||June 26, 2023||August 28, 2023|
Veterinary Board Exam Requirements
To be able to take the exam, you must have a four-year undergraduate degree, as well as a degree in veterinary medicine from an approved school, college, or university.
Here are the requirements you need to prepare:
- Birth Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority;
- For married female applicants, please submit a copy of the marriage contract from NSO or the PSA;
- Transcript of Records with scanned picture and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes”;
- A valid NBI Clearance;
- Payment of Php 900.00 (complete) or Php 450.00 (conditioned/removal)
Veterinary Licensure Exam Subjects
Here is the Coverage of the Veterinary Board Exam:
- Veterinary Anatomy
- Veterinary Physiology
- Veterinary Pathology
- Veterinary Parasitology
- Veterinary Pharmacology
- Veterinary Microbiology and Veterinary Public Health
- Veterinary Medicine (including Ethics, Surgery, Animal Welfare, and Jurisprudence)
- Zootechnics (including Animal Behavior and Environmental Health)