To be a Registered Civil Engineer in the Philippines, you need to pass the Licensure Examination conducted by the Professional Regulation Commission. The Civil Engineering Licensure Exam is conducted twice a year.
We will talk about the Schedule, Coverage, Requirements, and other important details you need to know.
Civil Engineering Licensure Exam Schedule 2024
The PRC releases the schedule of Board Exams for the year 2024.
For Civil Engineering, the date of the exam is the following: April 20-21, 2024, and November 18-19, 2024. Check the table for the Schedule of the Civil Engineering Board Exam including the start of the online application and the deadline.
|Name of Exam||Date||Testing Locations||Start of Application||Deadline of Application|
Civil Engineering/ CELE
|April 20-21, 2024||NCR, Baguio, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Calapan, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Koronadal, Legazpi, Lucena, Pagadian, Palawan, Pampanga, Rosales, Tacloban, Tuguegarao and Zamboanga||January 19, 2024||March 21, 2024|
|Civil Engineers/ CELE||November 18-19, 2024||NCR, Baguio, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Calapan, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Koronadal, Legazpi, Lucena, Pagadian, Palawan, Pampanga, Rosales, Tacloban, Tuguegarao and Zamboanga||August 16, 2024||October 18, 2024|
Civil Engineering Board Exam Requirements
You must be a Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from a PRC-recognized institution to be able to take the CE Licensure Exam. Additionally, you should be at least 21 years old, a Filipino Citizen with good moral character, and must not have been convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude.
Here are the CE Board Exam Requirements you need to prepare:
- NSO / PSA Birth Certificate
- NSO / PSA Marriage Contract (for married female applicants)
- Transcript of Records with scanned picture and Remarks “For Board Examination Purposes”
- Valid NBI Clearance (First Timers & Repeaters)
- Two (2) Certificates of Good Moral Character from any 2 of the following:
- P900.00 – complete
Civil Engineering Board Exam Subjects Coverage
The following subject areas will be covered in the two days of the civil engineering licensing examination:
1. Surveying, Mathematics, and Transportation Engineering (35%)
- Plane, Algebra, and Spherical Trigonometry
- Descriptive, Analytics, and Solid Geometry
- Integral and Differential Calculus
- Highway and Railroad Surveying
- Hydrographic Surveying and Plane Topographic
- Design and Constructions of Highway and Railroads, Piers, Ports, and Wharves
2. Hydraulics and Geotechnical Engineering (30%)
- Fluid Properties
- Hydrostatic Pressures
- Fluid Flow
- Flotation and Buoyancy
- Relative Equilibrium of Liquids
- Water Supply Soil Properties
- Classification of Soils
- Fluid Flow through Soil Mass
- Stresses in Soil Mass
- Soil Tests and Strength
- Bearing Capacity
- Consolidation and Settlement
- Lateral Earth Pressures
- Slope Stability
3. Construction and Structural Engineering (35%)
- Engineering Mechanics
- Strength of Materials
- Theory of Structures
- Design and Analysis of Concrete, Steel, Timber Structures, and Foundations with the application of the governing Codes of Practice
To pass the Civil Engineering Board Exam you should have an overall grade of 70% on each subject and without a score of 50% below.
How to apply for the Civil Engineering Board Exam?
The application will be done online at PRC LERIS. Go to https://online2.prc.gov.ph/ to apply. You may want to see our guide on how to register on PRC LERIS. Applicants are also advised to pay through Landbank (i-access), PayMaya, or UCPB(over the counter). After your application, you can go to the PRC office to submit all the requirements needed.