Have you ordered an item in Shopee and the delivery has been delayed a lot? And upon checking the delivery details it is stuck in SOC 3 or in Soc 4. What is Soc 3? Where is it located? and why it seems like it’s not moving from there? Let us find out the answers to all of these questions.
What is Soc 3 in Shopee?
SOC 3 means Shopee Xpress Sorting Center 3 which is a Sorting Center that handles parcels prior to delivery. I know this is a familiar term for you especially if you always do online shopping on Shopee and check where your package is at the moment. It will show in the shipping details this message “your parcel has arrived at the station: SOC 3 or “parcel has been received at sorting facility soc 3“
The Soc 3 is usually a warehouse facility where they separate, sort, and route items such as parcels, documents, and other shipments arriving from different locations. Sorting is done by hand according to different criteria such as destinations, type of shipment, etc.
Where is Soc 3 in Shopee?
Soc 3 Shopee’s location in the Philippines is within the Laguna International Industrial Park (LIIP), Mamplasan, Biñan, Laguna. The sorting center is also near Watsons LIIP Warehouse and Gardenia Bakeries Philippines Incorporated. Refer to the photo below.
Why parcels are stuck in the sorting facility?
Sorting facility is a place where the parcels are sorted before they are delivered to the customers. The main reason why parcels are stuck in the sorting facility is because of the lack of staff. The other reasons can be due to the following:
1) Parcels are not properly labeled: This is one of the most common reasons for parcels being stuck in the sorting facilities. If the parcel is not properly labeled, it will be difficult for the staff to identify the correct address and send it to the right person.
2) Address is not clear: Another reason why parcels get stuck in the sorting facility is that the address on the parcel is not clear. This makes it difficult for the staff to identify the right address and send the parcel to the correct person.
3) Parcel is damaged: If the parcel is damaged, it will be difficult for the staff to send it to the right person.
4) Wrong sorting code: If the wrong sorting code is used, the parcel will be sent to the wrong sorting facility and it will get stuck there.
5) Recipient is not available: If the recipient of the parcel is not available, the parcel will get stuck in the sorting facility.
These are some of the most common reasons why parcels get stuck in the sorting facility. If you want to avoid your parcel getting stuck in the sorting facility, make sure that you label it properly, use the correct address and sorting code, and ensure that the recipient is available.
Logistics partners of Shopee
For local delivery, the following Shopee Supported Logistics partners are:
- Flash Express
- Gogo Xpress
- J&T Express
- Ninja Van
- Standard Delivery or Shopee Xpress
While from overseas stores, Shopee Supported Logistics partners are 2Go and Entrego.