Good news for incoming first-year students looking for a scholarship grant. The SM Foundation announces that online applications for the SM Scholarship SY 2022-2023 are now open until March 15. For those who are interested to apply prepare your requirements as early as now.
SM Foundation provides college and technical-vocational scholarship grants as well as access to primary education through school buildings to help the youth achieve their dreams. Henry Sy, the founder of SM believes that education is the best defense against poverty.
SM Scholarship 2022
For over two decades, SM helps the youth reach their full potential and achieve their dreams through the College Scholarship program.
SM foundation believes that the moment a family member graduates from college, that scholar can now then help his/her siblings to go to school to serve and lift their families from poverty.
The opening of the SM scholarship program SY 2022-2023 online application is from January 15-March 15, 2022.
SM Scholarship Benefits
If you are chosen to be one of the scholars of SM you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Choice of specialization in accounting, information technology, engineering, and education.
- Full Tuition
- Monthly Allowance
- Part-time job opportunities during semestral and Christmas breaks.
- Exclusive job offers with the SM group upon graduation.
- Other fun-filled activities and enrichment programs.
SM Scholarship Qualifications
To be able to qualify for the SM scholarship, you must have the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 public high school graduates from schools in the areas covered.
- Grade 12 graduates from private schools in the areas covered.
- With DepEd vouchers and;
- Grade 10 finishers from public high schools
- General weighted average (GWA) grade of at least 92% or its equivalent for Grade 12 – 1st semester.
- Total household income of at most P150,000 per year.
What are the Areas covered
NCR, Albay, Bataan, Batangas, Benguet, Bulacan, Cagayan, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Cavite, Isabela, Laguna, Nueva Ecija, Palawan, Pampanga, Pangasinan, Sorsogon, Quezon, Rizal, Tarlac, Zambales
Capiz, Cebu, Iloilo, Leyte, Negros Occidental
Agusan del Norte, Davao del Sur, Misamis Oriental, South Cotabato, Zamboanga del Sur
SM Scholarship Requirements
If you are qualified and interested to apply, you need to prepare the following requirements:
- Accomplished online application form
- Attachments to the online application:
- Parent’s or Guardian’s 2018 Income Tax Return / Certification of Non-Filing of Income / Certificate of Indigency
- Latest Grade 12 report card
- Birth Certificate
- 2×2 ID picture
- Sketch of home to the nearest SM mall
The application is online. The online application portal will be accessible starting January 15, 2022. You can register at this link to apply for the scholarship.
Walk-in applicants will not be accepted.
SM Scholarship Online Application Process Flow
- APPLY ONLINE
: Visit the link https://scholarship.sm-foundation.org
Accomplish the online application form and upload all required documents.
- PROCESSING AND EVALUATION
SMFI will assess the submitted application forms and documents. The applicant will receive an email notification regarding the status of application (eg. “Declined or For Exam).
- ONLINE EXAM
The schedule of the online exam as well as the results of the exam will be sent via email.
- ONLINE INTERVIEW
Exam passers will be interviewed via Google
Meet by SM Foundation Schedule and results of the interview will be sent via email.
@SMFoundationinc | www.sm-foundation.org
- VIRTUAL HOME VISIT
The SM Foundation team will conduct random virtual home visits via Google Meet to those who passed the interview.
- CONFIRMATION OF SCHOOL AND COURSE
Successful applicants will be notified via phone call or email to confirm their school and course.
- ORIENTATION & CONTRACT SIGNING
An email notification with the schedule of orientation and contract signing will be sent to the successful applicants.
SM Partner Schools and Courses Offered
Lastly, SM has partner Schools for you to avail of the Scholarship. See the lists of partner Schools here and the Courses offered.