The Maritime Academy of Asia and the Pacific is one of the best maritime education and training institutions in the Philippines. It is located in Mariveles Bataan. Those aspiring to be successful seafarers can avail themselves of the MAAP Scholarship.
MAAP Scholarship Benefits
They have the state of the art facilities and equipment that are conducive to learning.
They also offer quality maritime education. You will be trained to be among the bests seafarer. Your personality, character, and leadership will be developed through varied activities.
Aside from the Scholarship grant, you will have free board and lodging. Also, while you are enrolled in the Academy, you will be insured as well.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- Male or female, Single
- Natural Born Filipino
- Physically fit
- Morally upright and has no derogatory record
- Born 01-January-2000 to 31-December-2005
- Eligible applicants must be any one of the following:
- High School Graduates(old basic education curriculum)
- College Level
- Senior High School Graduate/Graduating Student from any track
- ALS Passer
- Minimum height of 5 ft. 4 in. (162.5 cm) for MALE and 5 ft. 2 in. (157.5 cm) for FEMALE applicants
- Has a GPA of at least 83%
- Has never been officially admitted to MAAP
- Recent colored picture
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of Diploma, if graduate from High School-Basic Education Curriculum, Senior High School, College, or ALS
- Copy of Certification of Registration or Registration Form, if College Level
- Copy of Certificate of Enrollment that you are currently enrolled in Grade 12 if Senior High School graduating student
- Copy of Alternative Learning System (ALS) Certificate of Rating, with the remarks “Eligible for College Admission”
- Copy of School ID
- Copy of latest School Report Card with at least a GPA of 83%
- Payment of a non-refundable processing fee of Php 300.00 in cash or through bank deposit payable to MAAP
How to Apply?
- Click this link for the “Online MAAP Midshipman Application Form”.
- Guidelines for Uploading Documents/Files:
- Files should be in JPG, JPEG, or PNG format.
- Each file should not exceed the size of 500KB.
- Image size should not exceed 1024 pixels/px in height and width.
- Make sure that the wordings in your uploaded files are readable.
- If your file is not available, please upload an image saying “not available”.
- Guidelines for Uploading Documents/Files:
- Upload his/her picture and application requirements.
- Receive notification of his/her application status through the email that he/she provided.
- Receive MAAP eTestPermit through the email you provided. Please note that your MAAP eTestPermit will be issued to you within 1 to 3 working days for verification purposes.
- Click the link provided in your email using your MAAP eTestPermit Number and Birthdate. Then register the required details.
- Present the MAAP eTestPermit and Confirmation Receipt at your designated testing venue during your day of examination. Please note that MAAP will NOT entertain any applicant whose name is not included on the scheduled date of examination.
- Pay the Php 300.00 processing fee in cash on the day of your examination. Please prepare an exact amount to limit the physical contact.
- Undergo health and safety protocols prior to entering the premises:
- Wear a face mask and face shield inside the premises at all times.
- Submit their selves for temperature scanning. The maximum allowed body temperature shall be 37.5 degrees Celsius.
- Answer MAAP Health Declaration Form.
- Observe physical distancing of 1 meter and above at all times.
- We advise all applicants to bring their own alcohol/hand sanitizers.
- Affix your signature on the Attendance Sheet.
REMINDER: Parents/guardians are NOT allowed inside the testing venue/premises, and are also prohibited to stay outside the premises to avoid congestion or any form of gathering. Parents/guardians are only allowed to drop off or pick up their sons/daughters at the venue.
WALK-IN APPLICANTS are strictly NOT allowed.
MAAP Entrance Exam Schedule and Venues
NOTE: Other succeeding dates of the Entrance Examination will be further announced, please check the MAAP website from time to time. Walk-in applicants are strictly NOT allowed.
This is the first stage to be admitted to the Academy. You need to pass the Entrance Exam which includes the IQ/ Aptitude/ Emotional Intelligence/ psychological/ neuropsychiatric Exam.
Upon passing the Exam you will be interviewed by the board members. You need to pass the interview to proceed to the next step.
MAAP Medical criteria include physical, drug, lungs, laboratory, audio test, color blindness test.
The Orientation Training will be for two months. It includes refresher classes in Math and English.
For more information, contact:
Maritime Academy of Asia and the Pacific
Kamaya Pt., Brgy. Alas-asin, Mariveles, Bataan
Phone: (02) 784-9100, Bataan Line: (047) 237-3355
Fax No.: (02) 741-1006/ (02) 741-1024
Email-Add: [email protected]
AMOSUP Annex Building
Cabildo Corner Sta. Potenciana Street Intramuros, Manila
Phone: (02) 527-2110