The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) announces that 980 UV Express will be allowed to ply to and from Metro Manila and nearby provinces starting June 29, 2020.
They will be allowed to operate in 47 routes. LTFRB Chairman Martin Delgra said that the approved guidelines rationalizing the deployment of the 980 UV Express plying 47 routes is in line with the gradual, calibrated and calculated approach of the Department of Transportation (DOTr) on the resumption of public transportation in Metro Manila amid the General Community Quarantine (GCQ).
UV Express Routes approved
Below are the list of approved UV Express routes:
1. Meycauayan – Central Integrated Terminal (QC)
2. Obando – MRT North Ave., QC
3. Sto. Niño (Meycauayan Bulacan) – MRT North Ave.
4. Sto. Niño (Meycauayan Bulacan) – Trinoma, MRT North Ave., Mindanao Ave.
5. Heritage (Meycauayan Bulacan) – SM North (QC)
6. Marilao (Bulacan) – SM North Ave.
7. Sto. Niño (Meycauayan Bulacan) – Central Integrated Terminal (QC)
8. SM Marilao (Bulacan) – Sm North (QC)
9. Malhacan (Meycauayan Bulacan) – Quezon Ave. via NLEX
10. Malhacan (Meycauayan Bulacan) – Central Integrated Terminal (QC)
11. Marilao – Central Integrated Terminal (QC)
12. Marilao Terminal – Quezon Ave. Terminal (MRT)
13. Turo (Bocaue, Bulacan) – Central Integrated Terminal
14. Turo (Bocaue, Bulacan) – Central Integrated Terminal via NLEX
15. Turo (Bocaue, Bulacan)) – Mrt / Quezon Ave. Terminal via NLEX
16. SM Marilao (Bulacan) – Central Integrated Terminal
17. Meycauayan – Recto
18. Balagtas – Monumento
19. Springville, Molino Bacoor – Alabang via Daanghari
20. Molino – Alabang via Daanghari
21. Molino Bacoor – Ayala Center Terminal via Skyway
22. Golden City (Dasmariñas) – Ayala Center
23. Pacita – Makati Square
24. Pacita Complex – Ayala Center Terminal via San Pedro Exit
25. Pacita Complex (Laguna) – SM Makati
26. Pacita (San Pedro, Laguna) – Makati Square
27. Pacita Complex – Ayala Center via Southwoods Exit
28. Barangay Mamatid (Cabuyao, Laguna) – Festival Mall
29. Mamatid (Cabuyao, Laguna) – Festival Mall (Alabang)
30. Balibago (Laguna) – SM Southmall (Las Piñas)
31. Taytay – EDSA Central
32. Greenland Executive Village (Cainta) – Ayala
33. Rodgriguez – Sta. Lucia Grandmall (Cainta)
34. Masinag – Ayala
35. Antipolo – Ayala
36. Antipolo – Ayala Via C5
37. Antipolo – Ayala Via Tikling
38. Antipolo – Ayala Via Circumferencial Rd.
39. San Mateo (Rizal) – Ayala Ave.
40. Binangonan – Sta. Lucia (Cainta)
41. Binangonan – SM Megamall
42. Binangonan -EDSA Starmall
43. Binangonan – EDSA Central
44. Binangonan – Marikina Riverbank via LRT Santolan
45. Cardona – EDSA Starmall
46. Cardona – EDSA Central
47. Morong – SM Megamall
Operators and drivers of UV Express are advised to strictly comply with the guidelines set under LTFRB Memorandum Circular 2020-025, which states, among others, that UV express routes shall be:
- maintain no pick-up and drop off of passengers, and
- not pass through nor traverse EDSA and Commonwealth Avenue, except to cross.
UV Express fare rate of PhP2 per kilometer remains, and that no fare adjustment shall be applied unless approved by the LTFRB.
Failure to comply with any of the conditions set forth by the Board may warrant the imposition of fines and suspension or cancellation of their franchise.
Guidelines for the operations of UV Express during GCQ
• Operators must regularly examine a driver’s fitness to work, checking their body temperature and screening for symptoms of COVID-19;
• Drivers and conductors shall wear masks and gloves at all times;
• Commuters are required to wear masks to be allowed to board a UVE (No Face Mask, No Ride);
• Exact fare shall be paid prior to boarding the PUV or operators/drivers may devise any fare collection system (such as the use of a fare drop off) to minimize/prevent transmittal of COVID-19;
• Passenger load must not exceed two (2) passengers per row and passengers should be seated one seat apart;
• Operators shall install impermeable barriers to seal off the driver’s compartment and between rows of seats that are less than one (1) meter apart;