Just like any other course, criminology students need to take the Board examination administered by the professional regulation commission to be able to practice their profession. This is in reference to RA No. 11131, also known as the Philippine Criminology Profession Act of 2018.
The PRC is conducting the Criminology Licensure Examination (CLE) twice a year. If you plan to take the CLE, you can check the Criminology Board Exam Schedule 2021 and any other important information below.
Criminology Board Exam Schedule 2021
After the postponement of the criminology board exam this december 2020, the new schedule is set for June 13, 14 & 15, 2021. The start of the online application is on January 13, 2021, and the deadline for filing is on April 13, 2021.
On the other hand, for the second batch of criminology board exam, it will be on December 12, 13, & 14, 2021. The filing of application will start on July 13, 2021, and ends October 13, 2021.
|Batch||Date of Exam||Start of Online Application||Deadline of Filing|
|First batch||June 13, 14 & 15, 2021.||January 13, 2021||April 13, 2021.|
|Second Batch||December 12, 13, & 14, 2021||July 13, 2021||October 13, 2021|
How to apply?
PRC is now implementing the Online application schedule before going to the office. It means you need to register first online. They use the Licensure Examination and Registration Information System (LERIS) for examination, license renewal, and initial registration applications. For more information, you can visit the PRC website.
Here’s a summary for the application process:
- Prepare all your requirements.
- Register to LERIS and set up an account.
- Choose the Criminologist Licensure Examination tab.
- Select your schedule for an appointment with PRC.
- Pick your preferred payment method and pay for the exam fee.
- Don’t forget to print your application form.
- Proceed to the PRC regional office on your appointment date.
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CRIMINOLOGY
- NSO / PSA Birth Certificate
- NSO / PSA Marriage Contract (for married female applicants)
- Transcript of Records with scanned picture and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes”
- Valid NBI Clearance
- RTC Clearance – First Timer & Repeater
- Three (3) Certificate of Good Moral Character from the following: (First Timer & Repeater )
- Barangay Chairman
- Parish Priest
- Dean of School
- Payment: P900.00
Criminologist Board Exam Coverage
Criminal Jurisprudence, Procedure, and Evidence
- Criminal Law Book 1
- Criminal law Book 2
- Criminal Procedure
- Court Testimony
Law Enforcement Administration
- Police Organization and Administration with Police Planning
- Industrial Security Management
- Police Patrol Operations with Police Communication System
- Police Intelligence
- Police Personnel and Records Management
- Comparative Police System
- Personal Identification
- Police Photography
- Forensic Ballistics
- Questioned Documents Examinations
- Polygraph (Lie Detection)
- Legal Medicine
Crime Detection and Investigation
- Fundamentals of Criminal Investigation
- Traffic Management and Accident Investigation
- Special Crimes Investigation
- Organized Crime Investigation
- Drug Education and Vice Control
- Fire Technology and Arson Investigation
Sociology of Crimes and Ethics
- Introduction to Criminology
- Criminal Justice
- Ethics and Values
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Human Behavior and Crisis Management
- Criminological Research and Statistics
- Institutional Corrections
- Non-Institutional Corrections
Also Read: Criminology Reviewer and Reading Materials
For more updates, like our Official Facebook page.