Just like any other course, criminology students need to take the Board examination administered by the professional regulation commission to be able to practice their profession. This is in reference to RA No. 11131, also known as the Philippine Criminology Profession Act of 2018.
The PRC is conducting the Criminology Licensure Examination (CLE) twice a year. If you plan to take the CLE, you can check the Criminology Board Exam Schedule 2023 and any other important information below.
Criminology Board Exam Schedule 2023
The PRC releases the schedule of Board Exams for the year 2023. For the Criminology Board Exam, the first batch schedule is rescheduled from June 4, 5 & 6, 2023 to April 3-5, 2023.
The second batch of criminology board exams is originally set for November 24, 25 & 26, 2023 but was rescheduled on August 25-27, 2023. Refer to the table below for the complete details including the date and deadline of filing and the location.
|Batch||Date of Exam||Start of Online Application||Deadline of Filing||Places|
|First batch||April 3-5, 2023||December 16, 2022||February 16, 2023||NCR, Baguio, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Calapan, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Koronadal, Legazpi, Lucena, Pagadian, Pampanga, Rosales, Tacloban, Tuguegarao, Zamboanga, Antique, Bacolod, Bayambang, Bohol, Calbayog City, Cauayan, Dumaguete, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, Kidapawan, Occidental Mindoro, Naga, and Palawan|
|Second Batch||August 25-27, 2023||May 10, 2023||July 10, 2023||NCR, Baguio, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Calapan, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Koronadal, Legazpi, Lucena, Pagadian, Pampanga, Rosales, Tacloban, Tuguegarao, Zamboanga, Antique, Bacolod, Bayambang, Bohol, Cauayan, Dumaguete, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, Kidapawan, Occidental Mindoro, Naga, and Palawan|
How to apply?
PRC is now implementing the Online application schedule before going to the office. It means you need to register first online. They use the Licensure Examination and Registration Information System (LERIS) for examination, license renewal, and initial registration applications. For more information, you can visit the PRC website.
Here’s a summary of the application process:
- Prepare all your requirements.
- Register to LERIS and set up an account.
- Choose the Criminologist Licensure Examination tab.
- Select your schedule for an appointment with PRC.
- Pick your preferred payment method and pay for the exam fee.
- Don’t forget to print your application form.
- Proceed to the PRC regional office on your appointment date.
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CRIMINOLOGY
- NSO / PSA Birth Certificate
- NSO / PSA Marriage Contract (for married female applicants)
- Transcript of Records with scanned picture and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes”
- Valid NBI Clearance
- RTC Clearance – First Timer & Repeater
- Three (3) Certificates of Good Moral Character from the following: (First Timer & Repeater )
- Barangay Chairman
- Parish Priest
- Dean of School
- Payment: P900.00
Criminologist Board Exam Coverage
Criminal Jurisprudence, Procedure, and Evidence (20%)
- Criminal Law Book 1
- Criminal law Book 2
- Criminal Procedure
- Court Testimony
Law Enforcement Administration (20%)
- Police Organization and Administration with Police Planning
- Industrial Security Management
- Police Patrol Operations with Police Communication System
- Police Intelligence
- Police Personnel and Records Management
- Comparative Police System
- Personal Identification
- Police Photography
- Forensic Ballistics
- Questioned Documents Examinations
- Polygraph (Lie Detection)
- Legal Medicine
Crime Detection and Investigation (15%)
- Fundamentals of Criminal Investigation
- Traffic Management and Accident Investigation
- Special Crimes Investigation
- Organized Crime Investigation
- Drug Education and Vice Control
- Fire Technology and Arson Investigation
Sociology of Crimes and Ethics (15%)
- Introduction to Criminology
- Criminal Justice
- Ethics and Values
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Human Behavior and Crisis Management
- Criminological Research and Statistics
Correctional Administration (10%)
- Institutional Corrections
- Non-Institutional Corrections
Things to remember
- School Assignment– Your school assignment will be posted 3 days before the date of the examination. Check the PRC website or the PRC Facebook Page for updates.
- Report to your assigned school early– You have to be early on the day of the exam. Report to your school assignment at 5:30 AM to verify your room and seat arrangement. Late examinees will not be entertained.
- Wear the prescribed attire– The prescribed attire for the examinees:
- Male examinees- tucked-in white polo shirt with collar (without any seal, logo, or mark), decent pants, or slacks.
- female examinees- tucked-in white blouse or shirts with a collar (without any seal, logo, or mark), decent pants, slacks, or skirt, pony-tailed long hair
- Bring the needed things with you–
a. Notice of Admission
b. Official Receipt
c. Two or more pencils (No. 2)
d. Ballpen with BLACK INK ONLY
e. One (1) piece Long Brown Envelope
f. One (1) piece Long Transparent (non-colored) Plastic Envelope (for keeping your
valuables and other allowed items
- Things that are prohibited to bring:
a. Books, notes, review materials, and other printed materials containing coded
c. Smart Watches, Cellular Phones, Earplugs, Bluetooth, Transmitters, Portable Computers, and other electronic gadgets/devices which may be used for communication purposes.
d. Bags of any kind (ladies’ bags, shoulder bags, attache cases, backpacks, etc.)
e. Other examination aides not stated in this program
Precautionary Measures and Protocols
- All examinees shall be required to wear and bring their own protective facemasks and alcohol-based sanitizers.
- All examinees and examination personnel shall be required to queue upon entry with a one-meter distance radius from other examinees.
- Body temperature will be checked before entering the testing area. Those with fever, cough, or cold shall not be allowed entry to the testing venues. Affected examinees shall be allowed, however, to take the next licensure exam without additional cost.
- Bring your own packed lunch and snacks. No one is allowed to go outside during break time.
- In addition to the above, pursuant to Memorandum No. 68 (s. 2020), the examinees are required to submit RT-PCR Test Results, if falling under the groups stated in DOH Memorandum 2020-258A, or Certificate of Quarantine. Only those examinees with negative results shall be allowed to take the examination.
Also Read: Criminology Reviewer and Reading Materials
For more updates, like our Official Facebook page.