The National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) is the agency mandated to administer and control the Philippine National Police.
The National Police Commission conducts two sets of police examinations twice a year:
Promotional– This exam is for those who are already in the police service. The Promotional Examinations are open exclusively to all qualified uniformed members of the PNP who meet the minimum qualification standards for examination in terms of rank and eligibility.
PNP Entrance Exam– On the other hand, this exam is for those aspiring to enter the Philippine National Police. The PNP Entrance Examination is open to all Filipino citizens who meet the age, height, and educational requirements.
Since a lot of people want to become a Police Officer, we will be focusing on the PNP Entrance Exam. In this article, you can read the Requirements, Guide and Application Process for the Admission Test.
Minimum Qualification Standards
|Applicant Classification||Age||Height||Educational Attainment|
|Civilian||not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years old||–||Bachelor’s Degree|
Height requirement is not necessary for the Entrance Examination only. Since passers of Napolcom are eligible for other government jobs outside the PNP.
Yet you will still need to possess the required height to be a part of PNP. Height requirement for men and women need to be at least 1.62 meters (5’4″) and 1.57 meters (5’2″) tall, respectively to be admitted to the police service.
Napolcom Online Application
Napolcom utilizes the Online Examination Application Scheduling System(OLEASS) for the scheduling of filing of the application for the PNP and Promotional Exam.
1. Get an Online Appointment
You need to utilize the On-Line Exam Application Scheduling System (OLEASS) to request for their schedule on the filing of examination application.
How to Get an Appointment Online?
- Go to the NAPOLCOM official website. Click on the Online Examination Application Scheduling System. You can also choose to log in directly to www.napolcom-oleass.com.
- Fill out the mandatory fields and recheck if the information is correct and accurate.
- Click the SUBMIT button after your done. A confirmation will appear if the registration was successful. If not, repeat the whole process.
- Click the PRINT CONFIRMATION LETTER button on the screen to print your confirmation letter. Bring this confirmation letter when you file your application.
2. Prepare the Requirements needed
- The printed confirmation letter with the corresponding reference number confirming the scheduled appointment.
- A duly accomplished NAPOLCOM Form 1-A or the application form and index cards.
- 2 recent and identical 1×1 ID photo (colored) with white background and complete name tag.
- Examination fee of Php 400.00
- One (1) legal-size window envelope with Php 17.00 worth of mailing stamps.
- Transcript of Scholastic Record (with Special Order issued by CHED) and Diploma from CHED-accredited schools, state universities, and colleges
- NSO/PSA Birth certificate in security paper or a certified true copy of the birth certificate issued by the local civil registrar and duly authenticated by the Philippine Statistics Authority.
3. File your Application
You will need to personally appear at the NAPOLCOM Regional Office on the date assigned to you. Bring with you your printed online Confirmation Letter, filled-out Application Form and other required documents, for further evaluation.
They only accept personal appearance and reject applications received through postal mail.
If you are qualified, the Commission will issue a Notice of Admission on the day you file your application for the examination. You may also verify the status from the NAPOLCOM Regional Office where you filed the application.
Napolcom Exam Schedule 2020
PNP Entrance Exam 2020
|Exam Date||Period of Online Scheduling||Period of Filing Application|
|April 26, 2020||January 27- 31, 2020 (Website is available at 12 NN on January 27- 31, 2020 )||OLEASS Generated|
|Scheduled Dates||Family Names starting with|
|Day 1- January 27||A and B|
|Day 2- January 28||C, D, E and F|
|Day 3- January 29||G,H,I,J,K, and L|
|Day 4- January 30||M,N,O,P and Q|
|Day 5- January 31||R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y, and Z|
The Napolcom examination schedule 2020 for PNP Entrance Examination is on April 26, 2020. You can start to apply online from January 27 up to January 31, 2020, depending on your family names. See the table above. The website for application is available at 12 noon. You cannot schedule ahead of time since the site won’t be available prior to the Schedule.
Only applicants with a confirmed scheduled appointment with reference number shall be entertained.
PNP PROMOTIONAL EXAM 2020
The PNP Promotional Exam is also on April 26, 2020. But the online application date is different. For Police Officer 4th class the online application is on February 3-7, 2020.
While for Police Officer 3rd class, 2nd Class, and 1st Class, the online scheduling will be on February 10-14, 2019. The website will be available at 12 Noon.
Napolcom Filing of Application
It is important to schedule online since they are not accepting walk-in applicants. Period of filing of application for those who successfully schedule online will be from February 24 to March 23, 2020, both in PNP and Promotional Exam.
The acceptance of application is on the “First come first serve basis”. The regional offices reserve the right to limit the number of examinees it will accommodate. Upon due notice, they may stop accepting applications ahead of the deadline.
Testing Centers for Napolcom Exam
The Test Center where the applicant will take the exam is automatically assigned by the system based on the permanent/home address provided by the applicant. Please see the table below for the different test centers this 2019 PNP Entrance Exam.
|Region||Exam Center||Region||Exam Center|
|1||San Fernando City, La Union||9||Pagadian City/Zamboanga City|
|2||Tuguegarao City, Cagayan||10||Cagayan De Oro City|
|3||City of San Fernando, Pampanga||11||Davao City|
|4A||Cabuyao City, Laguna||12||Koronadal City|
|4B||Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro||CAR||Baguio City|
|5||Guinobatan, Albay / Virac, Catanduanes||CARAGA||Butuan City|
|6||Iloilo City, Iloilo||ARMM||Cotabato City|
|7||Cebu City, Cebu||NCR||Makati City|
|8||Tacloban City/Calbayog City|
2020 PNP Entrance Exam Coverage
The 3-hour April 2019 NAPOLCOM Entrance Examination will cover the following subject areas. The exams will be in an objective-type/multiple-choice format.
- Philippine Constitution and History
- PNP Law and History
- Criminal Justice System
- Current Events
- Social Awareness and Value Judgment
- Basic Concepts
- Problem-Solving Skills
Things to remember on the Exam proper
1. Dress Code
The PNP follows a dress code even at the examination. You should wear a plain white T-shirt or white polo shirt, dark pants and shoes.
Applicants who fail to meet the prescribed attire will not be allowed to enter the examination center.
- It is not allowed to bring any firearm, explosives or any deadly weapon.
- Moreover, Cellular phones, pager or any two-way radio or any electronic gadget are also prohibited.
- Don’t bring any calculator and review material as well.
Violation of the rule shall automatically disqualify you from taking the Exam. Thus it will result in the Nullification of your Examination.
3. Things to Bring
Applicants are only allowed to bring the following items during the examination:
- Notice of Admission
- Pencil Number 2
- Any valid ID with picture and signature.
How to know if you pass?
The results will be posted on the official website of Napolcom and at the NAPOLCOM Central and Regional Office.
You can also view it online using Online Verification of Rating system at the NAPOLCOM official website.
A Report of Rating (RR) will be mailed to you at your mailing address. If you successfully pass the test but did not receive the RR via mail, you may request for the issuance of a certificate from the NAPOLCOM Central Office.
Like our Facebook Page to be updated on the latest news, jobs, and scholarships.