The ReliefAgad website is a system launched by the DSWD, USAID, at DCTx for faster implementation of the Social Amelioration Program (SAP) – the program of the government to help the people due to COVID 19 crisis.
Through ReliefAgad, details of the beneficiaries will be obtained faster which means faster distribution and delivery of the cash aid and other services.
- Who are eligible to use the ReliefAgad app?
- DSWD Relief Agad ph Registration
- What type of ID can I provide?
- I received a photocopied SAC form from our Barangay/LGU official.
- How many members of the family can I include?
- Is my SAC automatically approved upon successful submission?
- When do I receive my cash assistance?
Who are eligible to use the ReliefAgad app?
The ReliefAgad can only be used by those who are qualified for the different cash assistance under the Emergency Subsidy Program ESP of the SAP. This means that people who are pre-identified by the local government and was given the Social Amelioration Card.
At the moment, only SAP beneficiaries in the National Capital Region (NCR) can register their SAC using the ReliefAgad app.
DSWD Relief Agad ph Registration
Step 1 Using your smartphone, visit the www.reliefagad.ph website.
Step 2 You will be asked to scan the barcode of your SAC form which is located at the lower part of the form.
Step 3 You can opt to encode the barcode manually if it failed to read it.
Step 4 Enter your personal information and other details they ask of you. Input the members of your family
Step 5 Select your preferred option to receive your cash assistance.
If you have PayMaya, GCash, or bank account, you can receive your cash assistance directly to your account.
Step 7 A one time pin will be sent to your mobile phone. Enter the One Time PIN and Submit your SAC.
Note: If An error or invalid message appear after scanning the barcode, it may mean that it has been registered already in the system. Your SAC form should contain a barcode unique to everyone else for security. So if your SAC form is a photocopy, it will be invalid. You may contact your Barangay/LGU official to check and ensure you have a unique form.
You can also use your son/daughters cellphone to register in Relief Agad app if you dont have one. But remember that the cellphone number you used will be registered for the SAP under your name. The DSWD will send announcements or messages to you through this cellphone number.
What type of ID can I provide?
You may use any of the following IDs, as applicable:
- Driver’s license
- Tricycle Operators and Drivers Association (TODA) ID, or certification of membership from the organization/association, or certification from the barangay or municipality
- Employment ID, or kasambahay ID, or certificate of employment/separation from or suspension of work from the employer
- Proof of business, or any other proof showing employment, occupation or enterprise
- ID or certification issued by the Department of Agriculture (DA) or agencies under DA
- Certification from the barangay
- Certification from the National Council on Indigenous People (NCIP) or the tribal chieftain/council of elders for Indigenous People (IP)
I received a photocopied SAC form from our Barangay/LGU official.
The SAC form contains a unique barcode as a security feature. Proceeding with the registration through the ReliefAgad app using a duplicate or photocopied SAC form may result to invalid barcode, especially if the barcode was already registered by another beneficiary. You may contact your Barangay/LGU official to check and ensure you have a unique form.
How many members of the family can I include?
You should include all immediate members of your family. It is important to note that the first two (2) family members you will register will serve as your alternate representative of your family when receiving the cash assistance.
You can also provide the GCash/PayMaya/bank account of your wife/daughter/son in case you don’t have any of it.
Is my SAC automatically approved upon successful submission?
Successful registration does not automatically mean that your cash grant is approved. DSWD will have to process your data by checking other programs (e.g. Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program or 4Ps, Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa Ating Disadvantaged/Displaced Workers or TUPAD, etc.) to ensure there is no duplication of cash assistance benefits
When do I receive my cash assistance?
Your LGU and/or the DSWD will announce the schedule of the cash assistance distribution in your area