Fullbright offers a scholarship program for Filipinos known as The Fulbright Foreign Student Program. It is an opportunity to study in the United States at the graduate level(master’s or doctoral studies) or pursue non-degree doctoral dissertation research in the United States.
Benefits of the Full bright Foreign Student Program Scholarship Grant
This Scholarship grant provides the round trip ticket for students. They also give monthly allowance as well as book/supplies allowance. In addition, tuition and fees are free with health and accident insurance.
Field of Study
The field of study includes the Study of the United States. It focuses on the study of American culture, life, and society. As well as government, education, arts and humanities, law, economics, literature, history, the multi-disciplinary field of American Studies.
Another field of study is the Global Issue. It includes the environment, human rights, governance, and public administration, peace studies/conflict resolution/transformation, international relations and transnational issues, international economics, international business, international law, public health, and STEM fields.
The third is the Open Grants which is not covered by the first two field categories with the exception of medicine, nursing, physical and occupational therapy, clinical psychology, medical technology, and accountancy.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- A citizen of the Philippines
- English proficiency
- College degree with major in field of specialization; excellent undergraduate record
- Applicants must have at least two years of professional work experience (after college) in their field of specialization. Assistantships during college do not count.
- Applicants must be in good health to pursue graduate work in the U.S.
- Applicants must return to the Philippines immediately upon completion of the study.
- Non-degree applicants must meet the added requirements:
- Applicants for doctoral enrichment must be enrolled in a relevant study program in a Philippine university.
- Applicants for the doctoral dissertation must show proof that materials required to pursue research are not available in the Philippines but are available in the United States.
- Note: Individuals holding dual citizenship, are permanent residents and/or are presently studying in the U.S. are not eligible.
Grants under the Fulbright Foreign Student Program for Filipinos are for a maximum of one academic year for non-degree, one to two years for master’s, and two years for doctoral degree studies.
- Application online thru the portal: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2021
- Prior to applying online, you must prepare the following documents to be uploaded later on:
- An official or certified transcript of records from all colleges/universities attended
- A certified true copy of diploma (not original)
- Four letters of reference (forms are included with the application kit)
- Completed 8-page application form
- NBI Clearance acquired in the past 6 months
Deadline of application
The application period for the 2021-2022 Fulbright Foreign Student Program is from December 16, 2019, to March 20, 2020. Complete online applications must be received on or before March 20, 2020.
Like our Facebook page to be updated with the latest news, scholarships, and jobs.