The Department of Education has announced a month-long opening of online enrollment for learners on the SY 2020-2021 last June 1 and will end on June 30.
Enrollment procedure during this School Year is different from the previous ones because of the COVID 19 pandemic that our country is struggling with.
The previous advisers will collect and enter the enrollment and survey data into the End-of-School-Year Learner Information System (EOSY-LIS), except for kindergarten, transferees, and Balik-Aral enrollees. Thus, parents and/or enrollees shall submit Learner and Survey Forms to their previous class advisers.
In addition, new data shall be collected this school year to capture information that will be relevant in assessing the capacity of the basic education system, and the appropriate targeting of learners, for the continuing delivery of learning in the context of constraints and opportunities presented by the physical distancing measures as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The enrollment period for School Year 2019- 2020 is from June 1 to 30, 2020.
DepEd Online Enrollment Procedure and Guidelines 2020
1. For Grades 1-12 learners -Parents of incoming Grades 1-12 learners will be contacted by the previous advisers for remote enrollment.
However, parents/ guardians may also reach out to their child’s adviser for enrollment through the contact numbers published by the school. Making a physical appearance in school for enrollment purposes shall be the last recourse for parents and/or learners. Such appearances shall be guided by the minimum health and safety protocols in the locality.
2. For incoming kindergarten enrollees -Parents of incoming kindergarten learners shall communicate their intent to enroll their children via digital and/or physical enrollment platforms established by schools.
3. For transferees -Learners planning to transfer from one school (“the originating school”) to another (“the receiving school”) shall directly contact the receiving school through its published enrollment contact details.
4. For Balik-Aral enrollees -All Balik-Aral enrollees shall directly contact preferred schools. Receiving schools shall register enrollee’s enrollment and survey data.
5. For ALS enrollees -ALS enrollees may communicate their intent to enroll via digital and/or physical enrollment platforms established by schools and barangays with community learning centers (CLCs). The form to be used is ALS Form 2 (Annex B)) based on DepEd Order No. 58, s. 2017. This will be made available in digital and physical format.
Refer to the photo below for more details. Courtesy of DepEd.
According to Section V.D of DepEd Order No. 3, s. 2018, a school may accept late enrollees after August 24, 2020, provided that the learner will be able to meet eighty percent (80%) of the prescribed number of school days for each school year and the quarterly requirement to pass the grade level as governed by the latest existing applicable DepEd issuances.
If the learner cannot meet the required number of school days and the quarterly requirement, the school head may exercise his/her discretion to accept the enrollee and implement catch-up activities or interventions under acceptable circumstances.
See learners enrollment and survey form here.