The Bangsamoro Government through the Ministry of Basic, Higher, and Technical Education (MBHTE) is now ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for the AHME Scholarship Program.
What is the AHME Scholarship?
The AHME Scholarship Program also known as the “Bangsamoro IQ Scholar” is a flagship scholarship program of the Bangsamoro Government implemented by MBHTE. AHME stands for Access to Higher and Modern Education.
It is a program that complements existing higher education scholarship, subsidy, loan, and similar programs implemented in BARMM for qualified SHS and ALS graduates in the region and give SPECIAL ELIGIBILITY to qualified combatants, their children, orphans, or surviving spouses in line with post-conflict rehabilitation and development efforts of the Bangsamoro Government.
Benefits of the AHME Scholarship
It will provide PhP 60,000.00 per student per academic year to a total of 1,400 qualified student beneficiaries region-wide who will enroll to the BARMM Regional Priority Programs for AY 2020-21.
WHO CAN APPLY?
AHME-SP is for QUALIFIED graduates of senior high school (SHS) and alternative learning system (ALS) who will enroll in BARMM Regional Priority Programs as FRESHMEN / 1st YEAR COLLEGE STUDENTS for AY 2020-21 in any higher education institution or school in the Philippines (both private and public) that offers said Priority Programs. High school students and 2nd-year college students or higher are not covered by AHME-SP.
Combatants or children, orphan, or surviving spouse of combatants who meet the MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS are given special eligibility and are encouraged to apply. This is part of the post-conflict rehabilitation and development efforts of the Bangsamoro Government.
NOT A COMBATANT? It is okay! If you meet the MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, you are eligible to apply.
WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS?
- A Bangsamoro
- An Incoming Freshman (Senior High School or ALS Graduate)
- Enrollee or planning to enroll to the BARMM Regional Priority Programs for A.Y. 2020-21
- Not a recipient of any other scholarship, grant or financial subsidy from the government or private sector
- Belonging to an Underprivileged, Disadvantaged, Marginalized, Poor, or Low-income Sector:
- A combined gross annual income of parents or guardian does not exceed PHP 400,000.00;
- An orphan;
- A child of a solo parent;
- A person with a disability (PWD) or a child of a PWD;
- A member of Indigenous People (IP) or child of an IP Parent;
- Guardian is a senior citizen, or
- An internally displaced person (IDP).
WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS?
The following are the documentary requirements in applying for the AHME-SP:
a. CITIZENSHIP DOCUMENT: Certified true copy of Philippine Statistics Authority (NSA) Birth Certificate
b. ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS: The applicant shall submit ANY of the following documents:
1. Form 138 for senior high school graduates before or in SY 2019-20.
2. ALS Accreditation and Equivalency Test Passer Certificate for Alternative Learning System (ALS) graduates before or in SY 2019-20
c. FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS:
The applicant shall submit AT LEAST ONE of the following documents:
1. Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian
2. Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
3. Certificate of Indigence either from his/her barangay or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
4. Case Study report from DSWD
5. Latest copy of contract or proof of income (for children of Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) and seafearers)
d. Documents for Underprivileged, Disadvantaged, Marginalized, Poor and Low-income Sector or Group:
The applicant shall also submit ANY of the following documents:
1. Single Parent ID from the Municipal or City Social Welfare and Development Office;
2. IP Certificate parent/s from the Ministry of Indigenous People’s Affairs (MIPA)-BARMM;
3. Person with Disability (PWD) ID from the Municipal or City Social Welfare and Development Office;
4. Senior Citizen ID of Parent/s or Guardian from the Municipal or City Office of the Senior Citizens Affairs (OSCA);
5. Death Certificate of Parents or Certification of Being an Orphan from the Barangay or Municipality/City; and
6. IDP Certification from the Barangay or Municipality/City/Province.
e. Documents for the Combatants, Their Children, Orphans, or Surviving Spouses:
1. Certification from the MILF and MNLF Peace Mechanisms that the applicant is a former combatant or his/her children; and/or
2. Certification from MILF and MNLF Peace Mechanisms that the applicant is an orphan, his/her parent is a widow/widower due to the armed conflict, or is a surviving spouse.
WHAT ARE THE BARMM REGIONAL PRIORITY PROGRAMS?
Only those who enrolls or who are enrolled in the following priority programs are covered by AHME-SP:
SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MATHEMATICS
• Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemistry with Material Science
• Data Science, Statistics, Applied Statistics
• Information and Communication Technology
• Marine Science, Marine Biology, and Marine Technology
• Medical Laboratory Science
• Medical Technology and Radiology
• Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
• Physics with Material Science & Engineering
• Science Teaching (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physical Science, Technical and Livelihood Education with Specialization in ICT)
• Midwifery and Nursing
• Aeronautics Engineering
• Agricultural Engineering and Agricultural Bio-systems Engineering
• Petroleum Engineering
• Mining Engineering
• Geodetic Engineering
• Architecture, Civil, Design, and Structural Engineering
• Water Engineering
• Sanitary Engineering
• Environmental Engineering
• Industrial Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Computer Engineering
• Material Science & Engineering
• Biomedical Engineering
• Aquaculture Engineering
• Medical Engineering
AGRICULTURE, FORESTRY AND FISHERIES
• Environmental Science
• Animal Science
• Crop Science
• Plant Pathology
• Soil Science
• Veterinary Medicine
• Agricultural Economics and Marketing
• Animal Science and Animal Husbandry
• Agricultural extension and communication
• Fisheries (Aquaculture, Capture Fisheries, Inland Fisheries, Food Processing)
• Aquatic Science
OTHER PROGRAMS FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
• Islamic Banking, Finance, and Economics
• Business Management/Administration
• Cooperative Development
• Community Development
• Rural and Urban Development
• Financial Management and Accountancy
• Hotel and Restaurant Management
• International Relation Studies
HOW TO APPLY?
APPLY ONLINE through this link: https://ahme-mbhte.bangsamoro.gov.ph/
Deadline of Application is extended until August 31, 2020.
For walk-in applicants, submit your application with documentary requirements at the MBHTE – Higher Education Office (Formerly CHED), Bangsamoro Government Center, Cotabato City.
For more details, you can contact the:
MBHTE Access to Higher and Modern Education – AHME Facebook Page.