The Gokongwei Brothers Foundation (GBF) is now accepting applicants for the GBF TeachSTEM for College Degree and Master’s Degree Scholarship Program.
The TeachSTEM College Degree Scholarship Program supports aspiring public school teachers to acquire a bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education.
Before applying, check first if you are qualified, refer to the list below:
- Must be an incoming or continuing college student taking a Bachelor’s degree in elementary or secondary education major in Science, Technology, or Mathematics in any of GBF’s partner universities.
- Must have no failed, dropped, or incomplete grades in the previous academic year.
- Must have a general average of at least eighty-five percent (85%) or its equivalent.
- Must enroll minimum academic load prescribed & complete program within the recommended period.
- Must be in good health.
- Must be of good moral character.
- In need of financial support to complete studies.
- Preferably not a recipient of other scholarships.
Here are the benefits of the said scholarship:
- Fixed annual financial grant
- Public University: PHP 65,000
- Private University: PHP 85,000
- Scholar Development programs (i.e., psychosocial support, professional development opportunities, etc.)
- Proof of Enrollment/Admission for AY 2022-2023
- A certified true copy of grades reflecting GWA from the previous Academic Year
- Proof of household income (e.g., ITR, Certificate of Indigency, Certificate of Low Income, 2 recent payslips)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Philosophy of Teaching essay
- Recommendation Form
- Consent from legal guardian (for applicants under 18 years old)
- ID Picture
- Medical Certificate (to be submitted after passing essay test)
TeachSTEM Scholarship Partner Universities
|Angeles University Foundation, Pampanga|
|Ateneo De Zamboanga|
|Ateneo de Manila University (GBSEALD)|
|Ateneo de Manila University (SOSE)|
|Ateneo de Naga University|
|Batangas State University|
|Bicol University – Main, Bicol|
|Bukidnon State University|
|Cebu Normal University|
|Central Luzon State University – Nueva Ecija|
|Central Mindanao University|
|Central Philippine University – Iloilo|
|De La Salle University – Manila|
|Far Eastern University|
|Father Saturnino Urios University – Butuan|
|Mariano Marcos State University|
|Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of Technology|
|Negros Oriental State University, Dumaguete|
|Notre Dame of Marbel University, South Cotabato|
|Philippine Normal University – Manila|
|Philippine Normal University – Mindanao, Agusan del Sur|
|Philippine Normal University – North Luzon, Isabela|
|Southern Luzon State University, Quezon Province|
|St. Louis College-La Union|
|St. Mary’s University-Nueva Vizcaya|
|University of Mindanao-Davao|
|University of Mindanao-Tagum|
|University of Northern Philippines, Ilocos Sur|
|University of San Carlos – Cebu|
|University of Southeastern Philippines|
|University of St. La Salle, Bacolod|
|University of Sto. Tomas|
|University of the Cordilleras|
|University of the Immaculate Conception, Davao City|
|University of the Philippines – Diliman|
|West Visayas State University|
List is subject to change without notice.
How to apply?
Apply now at: https://bit.ly/TeachSTEMCollege2022
The deadline for submission of the application is on June 30, 2022.
Scholars will serve as STEM teachers in any public K-12 school for a period equivalent to the duration of their scholarship preferably in their hometown.