I know a lot of you are looking for a Scholarship in College. Well, this article is for you. We will be talking all about the SM College Scholarship.
SM Foundation provides college and technical-vocational scholarship grants as well as access to primary education through school buildings to help the youth achieve their dreams. Henry Sy, the founder of SM believes that education is the best defense for poverty.
For over two decades, SM helps the youth reach their full potential and achieve their dreams through the College Scholarship program.
SM foundation believes that the moment a family member graduates from college, that scholar can now then help his/her siblings to go to school to serve and lift their families from poverty.
If you are chosen to be one of the scholars of SM you can enjoy these following benefits:
- Choice of specialization in accounting, information technology, engineering, and education.
- Full Tuition
- Monthly Allowance
- Part-time job opportunities during semestral and Christmas breaks.
- Exclusive job offers with the SM group upon graduation.
- Other fun-filled activities and enrichment programs.
To be able to enter the scholarship, you must be qualified. See the qualifications needed.
- Grade 12 public high school graduates from schools in the areas covered.
- Grade 12 graduates from private schools in the areas covered.
- With DepEd vouchers and;
- Grade 10 finishers from public high schools
- General weighted average grade of at least 88% or its equivalent for Grade 12 – 1st semester.
- Total household income of at most P150,000 per year.
What are the Areas covered
NCR, Albay, Bataan, Batangas, Benguet, Bulacan, Cagayan, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Cavite, Isabela, Laguna, Nueva Ecija, Palawan, Pampanga, Pangasinan, Sorsogon, Quezon, Rizal, Tarlac, Zambales
Capiz, Cebu, Iloilo, Leyte, Negros Occidental
Agusan del Norte, Davao del Sur, Misamis Oriental, South Cotabato, Zamboanga del Sur
If you are qualified and interested to apply, you need to prepare the following requirements:
- Accomplished online application form
- Attachments to the online application:
- Parent’s or Guardian’s 2018 Income Tax Return / Certification of Non-Filing of Income / Certificate of Indigency
- Latest Grade 12 report card
- Birth Certificate
- 2×2 ID picture
- Sketch of home to the nearest SM mall
The application is online. The online application portal will be accessible from OCTOBER 15 to DECEMBER 31, 2019. So as of the moment, you can’t reach the portal for registration yet. But you can see the SM Foundation website here.
Walk-in applicants will not be accepted.
Lastly, SM has partner Schools for you to avail the Scholarship. See the lists of partner Schools here and Courses offered.