Are you curious how much a Public Teacher earned per month in the Philippines?
Teachers are important in society. They are not only role models but also serve as guides to our children. They deserve to be treated with respect as well as be given good compensation.
Public Teacher Salary in the Philippines
Below is the Teacher’s salary in the Philippines for 2021 up to 2023. Deped confirms the salary increase for teachers up to the year 2023 under the Republic Act (RA) 11466.
President Rodrigo Duterte signed the Salary Standardization Law of 2019 which aims to increase the salary of government employees starting 2020 until 2023.
|Position with corresponding Salary Grade||2019|
Salary Grade 11
Salary Grade 12
Salary Grade 13
|Master Teacher I|
Salary Grade 18
|Master Teacher II|
Salary Grade 19
|Master Teacher III|
Salary Grade 20
|Master Teacher IV|
Salary Grade 21
From 20,754 last 2019, for this year 2021, Teacher 1 with a salary grade 11 will be getting a salary which amounted to 23,877. It will then increase to 25,439 in 2022 and 27,000 in 2023.
Teacher 2 with a salary grade of 12 will be getting 26,052 this 2021 from 22,938 last 2019. It will then increase to 29,165 in 2023.
Teacher III will receive 28,276 this 2021 and will increase up to 31,320 on 2023. Likewise for Master Teacher I, II, III and IV who will receive a salary increase each year until 2023. (See the table above for complete details).
Teacher Benefits and Compensation
Public teachers has also some benefits and compensation.
|Mid-year Bonus||1-month basic salary|
|Year-end Bonus||1-month basic salary|
|Productivity Enhancement Incentive (PEI)||P5,000/year|
|Anniversary Bonus||P3,000 (NOTE: given only during a milestone year which is every 5 years)|
|Performance-Based Bonus –||Ranges from 50-65% of the basic monthly salary depending on school performance|
|Proportional Vacation Pay (PVP)||70 days PVP during summer and Christmas break for those who have rendered full services during the school year|
|Cash/Chalk Allowance||Before- P3,500/year/teacher |
Nov. 9, 2020, Under Senate Bill 1092, will increase as follows:
SY-2021-2022- Php 5,000
SY 2022-2023- Php 5,000
SY 2023-2024- Php 7,500
SY 2024-2025- Php 10,000
OTHER BENEFITS AND INCENTIVES:
- One step increment for every three (3) years of continuous satisfactory performance
- One of the two-step increments due to meritorious performance using the Results-based Performance Management System (RPMS)
- Loyalty Cash Incentive depending on the number of years in service (starting on the 10th year amounting to P10,000 and P5,000 after every 5 years)
- Special Hardship Allowance to teachers assigned in hardship posts (cannot be reached by regular means of transportation through hiking or Banca/motorcycle rides), mobile teachers, and multigrade teachers (15-25% of basic salary). Update: May 25, 2021, Special Hardship Allowance increase to 25% of the monthly basic salary of the personnel
- Honoraria for teaching overload subject to funds availability
- Leave privileges (Maternity, paternity, study leave)
- Additional incentive/allowances from LGU (selected divisions)
- Vacation service credits (maximum of 15 days per year)
- For mobile teachers, P2,000 per month for transportation allowance (Program Support Fund)
- For mobile teachers and DALCs, P5,000 per year for instructional materials
- In-service training (Program Support Fund)
SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS:
- GSIS Benefits: Retirement and Life Insurance Premiums (RLIP)
- PhilHealth Benefits: Hospitalization, Annual Physical Exam
- Employees Compensation Program (ECP) Benefits