The Professional Regulation Commission on Wednesday announces the cancellation of all scheduled Licensure exams in the month of March and April 2020.
Reason for the Cancellation of the Board Exams
The announcement of cancellation is to ensure the safety of the examinees and employees of the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) amid the Corona Virus.
President Rodrigo Duterte signed the Presidential Proclamation No. 922 dated 8 March 2020 declaring a state of public health emergency throughout the country. The Department of Health (DOH) and the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Disease (IATF) also recommend to prohibit mass gatherings.
Not only the PRC decided to cancel their exam. The Civil Service Commission also suspends the Civil Service exam this March 15, 2020. Other important activities of DepEd and other government agencies were also canceled.
List of Licensure Exams canceled:
These are the list of Board exams scheduled for March and April 2020 that are canceled:
- Qualifying Assessment for Foreign Medical Professionals (March 19, 2020)
- Physician Licensure Examination (March 15-16, 2020)
- Medical Technologists Licensure Examination (March 18-19, 2020)
- Licensure Examination for Professional Teachers (March 29, 2020)
- Licensure Examination for Electronic Engineers and Electronic Technicians (April1-3, 2020)
- Licensure Examination for Midwives (April 5-6, 2020)
- Licensure Examination for Registered Electrical Engineers and Registered Master Electricians (April 14-16, 2020)
- Licensure Examination for Pharmacists (April 26-27, 2020)
For the examinees wait for the new schedule of the affected licensure examinations. Announcements and updates will be posted on the PRC website and/or PRC social media accounts.