The Philippine Health Insurance will implement the scheduled contribution rate adjustment for 2021. In an official statement, Philhealth said that the increase in the contribution for 2021 will push through despite the pandemic to ensure sufficient funding for the health care benefits of its 110 million members mandated by the RA 11223 or the Universal Health Care Law.
Under the Universal Health Care (UHC) Law, all Filipinos are a member of the Philhealth either as Direct or Indirect Contributors and shall be eligible for No Balance Billing (NBB) once admitted to basic or ward accommodations in hospitals. According to PhilHealth, the Universal health care Law will be the hope for the country for better healthcare services as it battles the Covid-19.
Other benefits of the UHC Law include:
- Automatic membership of all Filipinos into the National Health Insurance Program
- Immediate eligibility of all Filipinos to PhilHealth Benefits each time they seek treatment
- Assignment of every Filipino to a primary care provider or PCP of their choice initially in pilot areas to be identified in each region in 2021. This program is called Konsulta or Konsultasyong Sulit at Tama.
- No co-payment (or no balance billing) in confinements and basic or ward accommodation in both public and private healthcare facilities except when availing of amenities, for which Philhealth will develop co-payment limits to make cost predictable.
- Lifetime Philhealth Coverage for all members upon reaching the age of retirement and after contributing at least 120 months to the Program.
Philhealth Contribution 2021
Here is the Philhealth contribution for the year 2021.
The premium rate is at 3.5%, the adjustment is provided in section 10 of the UHC Law and its implementing rules and regulation can be found in Philhealth Circular 2020-005 published by Philhealth last march 5, 2020.
|Monthly Basic Salary||Monthly Premium Contribution|
|P10,000 and below||P350|
|P10,000 to 69,999||P350 to P2,499|
|P70,000 and above||P2,450|
Those earning below P10,000 shall be fixed at P350/month while those earning P70,000/month or higher is fixed at P2,450/month. Contributions of employed members (including Kasambahays) shall be equally shared between employees and employers, while those of self-paying members, professional practitioners and land-based migrant workers, and other direct contributors with no employee-employer relationship are computed straight based on their monthly earnings and paid wholly by the member.
Here is the table for Philhealth’s Contribution rate for the succeeding years.
|Year||Monthly Basic Salary||Premium Rate||Monthly Premium|
|10,000.01 to 49,999.99||275 to 1,375|
|10,000.01 to 59,999.99||300 to 1,800|
|10,000.01 to 69,999.99||350 to 2,450|
|10,000.01 to 79,999.99||400 to 3,200|
|10,000.01 to 89,999.99||450 to 4,050|
|2024 to 2025||10,000||5.00%||500|
|10,000.01 to 99,999.99||500 to 5,000|
6 thoughts on “New PhilHealth Contribution Table 2021”
Sana po makapasok po ako at makatulong saakin dahil kulang po Ang financial ko pati sa pag aaral ko Sana mabigyan ako Ng scholarship Kasi walapa po akong nasalihan na scholarship ❣️🙏🙏🙏🙏
Sana po talaga makapasok ako kulang Kasi ako sa financial 😔🙏🙏Kung sakali man lang makapasok ako matanggap ito po Ang aking #09551831354
Zone:3 san agustin pili camarines sur
Kay langan kolang po malaman yung philhealth # ko po?kc kaylangan po s office namin para m hologan oli po yung acount ko po s philhealth!