The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) releases the list of taxis and Transport Network Vehicle Service (TNVS) which can resume operation starting June 1.
Based on the guidelines of Memorandum Circular MC 2020-018, a total of 26,000 applications were approved in which 18, 631 are TNVS units and 7,315 are taxis submitted by various Transport Network Companies (TNC).
According to LTFRB, there will be NO FARE INCREASE for the aforementioned units and only cashless payments will be facilitated.
Operators and drivers shall likewise observe strict Social Distancing Guidelines set by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) and Department of Transportation (DOTr) such as but not limited to:
- Wearing of face masks and gloves;
- Disinfection of units every 2 hours;
- Putting of a driver compartment made from a non-permeable transparent material;
- Strict enforcement of the passenger seating capacity and;
- Daily manifest or logbook of passengers to be used for contact tracing.
Meanwhile, Commuters are advised to always wear a face mask when boarding a Public Utility Vehicle (PUV).
Update: As of June 22, 2020 41,639 units are already approved by the LTFRB in Metro manila. 22,230 are TNVS Units and 19,409 are taxis.
LTFRB list of TNVS & Taxis that can operate starting June 1
LTFRB list Batch 1