Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET) is given two times a year to education graduates. Successful examinees will be eligible to practice their profession and will acquire a license for teaching. It is usually held every March and September in different testing centers nationwide.
Also Read: How to register in LERIS or the Licensure Examination and Registration Information System.
Who are eligible to apply?
The applicant must be a citizen of the Philippines or an alien whose country has reciprocity with the Philippines as prescribed by RA No. 7836 as amended by RA 9293. You must be more than 18 years old and of good moral character.
A graduate of a school, college or university recognized by the government and possesses the minimum educational qualifications, as follows:
(1) For teachers in preschool: a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education (BECED) or its equivalent;
(2) For teachers in the elementary grades: a bachelor’s degree in elementary education (BSEED) or its equivalent;
(3) For teachers in the secondary grades: a bachelor’s degree in education or its equivalent with a major and minor, or a bachelor degree in arts and sciences with at least eighteen (18) units in professional education; and
(4) For teachers of vocational and two-year technical courses: a bachelor’s degree in the field of specialization or its equivalent, with at least eighteen (18) units in professional education.”
LET Exam Schedule 2023
The Professional Regulation Commission announces the new schedule for the Teachers Board Exam for the year 2023. Pursuant to Resolution no. 1589 series of 2022, the LET Exam Schedule will be divided into 2 Batches.
The first batch which is supposed to be on March 26, 2023 was rescheduled to March 19, 2023, while the second batch is on September 24, 2023. Refer to the table below for the complete details.
|Batch||Date of Exam||Places||Date of Filing||Deadline of Filing||Expected Date of Result|
|First Batch||March 19, 2023,||NCR, Baguio, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Calapan, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Koronadal, Legazpi, Lucena, Pagadian, Pampanga, Rosales, Tacloban, Tuguegarao, Zamboanga, Antique, Bacolod, Bayambang, Bohol, Catanduanes, Cauayan, Digos, Dumaguete, General Santos, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, Kidapawan, Laguna, Marinduque, Masbate, Mati, Occidental Mindoro, Palawan, Romblon, and Tagum||December 12, 2022||February 6, 2023||May 26, 2023|
|Second Batch||September 24, 2023||NCR, Baguio, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Calapan, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Koronadal, Legazpi, Lucena, Pagadian, Pampanga, Rosales, Tacloban, Tuguegarao, Zamboanga, Antique, Bacolod, Bayambang, Bohol, Catanduanes, Catarman, Cauayan, Digos, Dumaguete, General Santos, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, Kidapawan, Marinduque, Masbate, Mati, Occidental Mindoro, Palawan, Romblon, and Tagum||June 23, 2023||August 24, 2023||December 7, 2023|
Also Read: List of examinees for LET September 2021
Use of Calculator
PRC releases Resolution No. 25 series of 2019 for the list of allowed calculators to be used in LET.
- Only the examinees in Secondary Level majors in Mathematics (under Specialization subject) are allowed to use a calculator.
- The only allowed features of the calculator are Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Trigonometric Function, Logarithm, and XY.
- Only one (1) calculator is allowed in the examination room.
The resolution shall be applied to start the September 2019 Licensure Exam for Teachers.
LET Application Online
In order to make the application online smooth, you need to prepare the requirements as well as the needed information beforehand.
You need an active email address. I advise that you use Gmail or yahoo. You also need your mobile number, cedula, and other pertinent information like the date of your graduation, etc. A 2×2 ID picture in .jpg format is necessary. You must be wearing collared attire with a white background. Importantly, it must be less than 6 months old. Ears should be visible and you must not wear any eyeglasses.
How to apply for LET Board Exam
Go to http://online.prc.gov.ph/. If it’s your first time, you need to register first by clicking the register button. Check the Terms of Service and click the “I agree” button. However, if you already have an account, you can sign in directly using your details.
1. Use a computer with a good internet connection and access the LERIS. If you are doing this for the first time, go to the REGISTER tab then use the scroll bar to read the TERMS of SERVICE. Click the I Agree button to continue. If you already have an account, sign in to the system using your login details.
For first-time registrants, follow the procedure here.
Assuming that you already have registered to LERIS and finished with your personal information and upload a photo, follow the steps below.
2. On the upper right side of your screen, choose the SELECT TRANSACTION button. A pop-up will appear, Click the EXAMINATION tab and fill out the needed information. Then click the PROCEED button.
3. After that, select the regional office near you as well as your appointment date. For the payment method, you can either pay personally at the PRC office or via bank payment. If you opt to pay ion PRC you can do so on your appointment date.
You can choose to pay either at UPCB bank, landbank using an e-payment portal or Gcash.
4. After your payment, return to your Existing Transaction Tab and check your payment status. Do not forget to print your application form.
LET Board Exam Requirements
After you finish your online application, you need to prepare the things you need for your appointment. For the first time takers, bring the following documents with you:
- Printed application form/
- Original and photocopy of Transcript of Records (TOR) with the date of graduation, the seal of the school, with scanned picture and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes Only” (CHED recognition and permit to operate for graduates of new schools/programs);
- Birth certificate issued by PSA- original and photocopy
- Marriage contract issued by the PSA for married female applicants (original and photocopy);
- A fee of P900.00
- Original and photocopy of any government-issued ID.
However, if you are a repeater, you need to bring with you an Original and photocopy of the Transcript of Records (TOR) with the date of graduation, the seal of the school, with a scanned picture, and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes Only” (CHED recognition and permit to operate for graduates of new schools/programs) and Birth certificate issued by PSA- original and photocopy. Prepare a valid government ID and your printed appointment schedule.
LET Exam Coverage
The licensure exam for Teachers (elementary and secondary) covered the following subjects:
General Education (GenEd)
- English – Study and Thinking Skills, Writing in the Discipline, Speech and Oral Communication, Philippine Literature and Master Works of the World
- Filipino – Komunikasyon sa Akademikong Pilipino, Pagbasa at Pagsulat sa Panananaliksik at Masining na Pagpapahayag
- Mathematics – Fundamentals of Math, Plane Geometry, Elementary Algebra and Statistics and Probability
- Science – Biological Science – General Biology, Physical Science with Earth Science
- Social Sciences – Philippine Government New Constitution with Human Rights, Philippine History, Basic Economics, Taxation, Agrarian Reform, Society, Culture with Family Planning; Rizal and other Heroes, Philosophy of Man, Arts, General Psychology and Information and Communication Technology
Professional Education (ProfEd)
- Teaching Profession, Social Dimensions of Education
- Principles of Teaching, Educational Technology, and Curriculum Development
- Facilitating Learning, Child and Adolescent Development
- Assessment of Student Learning, Developmental Reading
- Field Study and Practice Teaching
Specialized subjects were covered in the examinations for the specialization in English, Filipino, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Social Studies and Social Sciences, Values Education, MAPEH, Agriculture and Fishery Arts and Technology, and Livelihood Education.
Like us on Facebook to be updated with the latest news, jobs, and scholarships.
40 thoughts on “LET Exam Schedule 2023: Teachers Board Exam Requirements”
Good day po! I hope this comment will be seen, especially with those who have taken the exam already. I am one of the takers for this coming Jan. 2022 LET and it states that along with the needed requirements to be submitted, you will have to pass either a RT-PCR Test result, a Certificate of Quarantine OR a copy of your Vaccination Card. Medyo naguluhan po ako kasi sa first numbers sa program po ay nakalagay na “or”, then later on sa end po ng program, nakalagay na need magpasa ng Quarantine Cert.
Will the Vaccination Card be enough po? Or need pa rin ng Quarantine Certificate along with the Card? Thank you very much po!
May I ask po kailan po pwede mag paregister for LET?
Can I take Let exam this year?(2022). I am repeaters.
ako po si Restituto Evangelista hindi po ako maka File online Teacher Professional Exam
kailan po you schedule ng 4th butch for let.? thank po sa sagot ninyo..😊
Comments are closed.