Quezon City launches the QCitizen ID for its residents which can be used to access and avail different services in the city including the COVID 19 vaccination Quezon CIty Bus, Health, and other social services.
What is the QCitizen ID?
It is a unified ID system for all residents of Quezon City that will also replace the existing senior citizen, solo parent, and persons with disability (PWD) ID over time. Existing IDs will continue to be valid in the interim.
This can be used to provide better services to citizens and allocate resources more efficiently as well as determine the priority list for the distribution of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccine according to City Administator Mike Alimurung.
How to apply for the QCitizen ID?
- Create an account first in the city government e-portal. You can do so by visiting this link https://qceservices.quezoncity.gov.ph/. If you already have an account, jump to number 7.
- Click on the register “here” link at the bottom of the web page.
- Follow the instructions for registration. Complete the form and provide an active email address.
- Activate your account by clicking the link in the email sent to you.
- If you successfully register on the portal, you can now apply for the QCitizen ID.
- Log in to your account.
- Browse the menu for the online services offered by QC E-Services.
- To apply for a QCitizen ID, click on the QCitizen ID eApplication menu item.
9. You will then be redirected to this page. Click the QCitizen ID eApplication button as shown below.
10. Tick the box to agree to the Online Warranty for Reporting and click continue.
11. The form will be pre-filled with the information based on your account. Check that the details is complete and accurate. Then Click Continue. All information you provide must match your Valid Identification.
12. If there is something you want to correct, click the edit button, if the information is correct click continue.
13. Your details have been saved and you may now proceed to the next step of the QCitizen ID application.
14. Upload the following Requirements:
- Valid ID
- Your Photo. This will appear in your QCitizen ID.
- Your signature. This will appear in your QCitizen ID.
15. Upload your valid ID. The list of Valid Id is shown in the photo below:
15. Upload your photo or take a picture using your web camera. This will be shown in the ID.
16. Affix your signature. This will be the signature that will appear in your QCitizen ID. You can redo your signature by clicking on the Redo Signature button. Once done, check on the box beside ‘Accept this signature’ and click Save.
It’s easier to create and submit your signature using a touchscreen device like a smartphone or tablet. If you don’t have one available, you can still use the mouse on a computer to create and submit your signature. A facility will be provided in the future so you could update your signature.
17. Once you have uploaded your valid ID, your photo, and your signature, click on Submit.
18. That’s it. Your application has been submitted pending for approval. You can check your account for updates. You will also receive an email once your application has been reviewed.
As for those without internet connection or access, the city will conduct an in-person, on-the-ground registration drive in barangays in the coming weeks. The on-ground registration will start on January 15, 2021, in Barangay Central.
Who are eligible to sign-up?
Residents who have a government-issued ID or barangay certificate are eligible to sign up.
Other important details
- A resident cannot use a single QC E-Services account to register for multiple QCitizen IDs. A family member cannot use their own account to register parents or other relatives. They all have to register separately.
- The city will provide all citizens with a QCitizen ID number and digital ID, but only residents 15 years old and above will be given a free physical ID card.
- The digital version of the ID can be accessed via the QCitizen App, which is available on Google Playstore and Apple App Store.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the requirements for application?
- Must be 15 years old and above.
- Must be a resident of Quezon City or transacts and does business with Quezon City.
- Must have a valid ID. Minimum requirement is a Barangay Clearance.
- Are there any other optional application requirements?
- Valid email address.
- Valid mobile phone number.
- I’m a Senior Citizen / PWD / Solo Parent, are there additional requirements for me?For Senior Citizen:
- Must be 60 years old and above on day of application.For PWD:
- Certificate of Disability (for non-apparent disability)
- Full Body Picture (for apparent disability)For Solo Parent:
- Original copy of Barangay Certificate Confirming Solo Parent status.
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate of minor child/children.
- Medical Certificate/PWD ID (if spouse or child/children is PWD)
- And any of the following:
- Photocopy of Death Certificate of spouse (if widow/widower)
- Affidavit of Circumstances of Being a Solo Parent
- Photocopy of filed (or pending) Petition for Annulment of Marriage or Legal Separation
- Photocopy of Certificate of Detention or Court Order (if spouse/partner is in prison)
- How should my ID picture look?
- Your photo must be of your face, inclusive of the top of your head to your shoulders.
- Look directly into the camera at a straight angle, face-centered.
- For best results, use a white background and ensure that you have good lighting.
- Smile: Neutral.
- Eyes: Visible and open.
- Glasses: You can wear reading glasses but not sun or dark glasses.
- Headgear: None, except for religious headgear.