Government Employees are set to receive a Service Recognition Incentive(SRI) bonuses not earlier than December 20, 2019. Per Administrative Order No.19, series of 2019. This order authorizes the grant of one-time SRI at a uniform amount not exceeding Ten Thousand Pesos (P10,000).
Who will receive the SRI Bonus?
Employees in the Executive Department
- Civilian Personnel in the National Government Agencies, including those in the State Universities and Colleges (SUC). As well as Government-owned and Controlled Corporations (GOCC), occupying regular, contractual, or casual positions.
- Military Personnel of the Armed Forces of the Philippines under the DND, and uniformed personnel of the PNP, BJMP, BFP, under the DILG. Additionally, the Bureau Of Corrections under the DOJ, the Philippine Coast Guard under the DOT and the Nat’l Mapping and Resource Info. Authority under the DENR.
Workers in the Legislative and Judicial Departments
- Employees in the Senate, House of Representatives, Judiciary, Office of the Ombudsman, and Constitutional Offices.
Employees in Local Government Units
- The grant of one time SRI to employees in the LGUs, including those in the Barangay.
Personnel in Local Water Districts
- Local Worker Districts may also grant the SRI to their employees at a uniform rate. Their Board of Directors will determine the amount which shall not exceed P10,000.
Employees in Agencies Exempted from the Coverage of RA No.6758 as amended.
- NGS’s and GOCC’s exempted from the coverage of RA No.6758, as amended may also grant the SRI to their employees.
Conditions on the Grant of SRI
The grant of SRI shall be subject to the following conditions:
- The civilian personnel are occupying regular, contractual, or casual positions.
- The employee is still in the Government Service as of November 30, 2019.
- The employee has not received any additional year-end benefits in FY 2019.
- The worker has rendered at least 4 months of service as of 30 November 2019. See the table below for the share of SRI depending on the length of service.
|Length of Service||% of the Incentive|
|3 months but less than 4 months||40%|
|2 months but less than 3 months||30%|
|1 month but less than 2 months||20%|
|Less than 1 month||10%|
When will be the Effectivity of this order?
The order shall take effect immediately following its complete publication in the Official Gazette or in a Newspaper.
As of this writing, the said Administrative Order is not yet posted in the Official Gazette.
Here is a copy of the Administrative Order 19 series of 2019.
Like us on Facebook, to be updated on our latest News, Scholarships, and Jobs in the Government.