The Department of Health DOH Pre-Service Scholarship Program for Priority Allied Health Courses is being implemented by the DOH to provide scholarships to incoming medicine and midwifery students in DOH Partner Schools.
The scholarship is offered in coordination with the Centers for Health Development (CHDs) and Partner Schools, to deserving and qualified students to ensure an adequate supply of service-oriented human resource for health who are willing to serve the unserved, underserved, hard to reach, economically underdeveloped, distressed, conflict and geographically isolated and disadvantaged areas (GIDA) of the country.
WHAT: DOH Pre-Service Scholarship Program
(Medicine & Midwifery)
WHEN: S.Y. 2020-2021
WHO: DOCTOR OF MEDICINE (Incoming 1st year)
DIPLOMA IN MIDWIFERY (Incoming 1st year)
Requirements for DOH Scholarship Program
- Proof of citizenship – Birth Certificate
- Good moral character – Certification from school and/or barangay
- Health Condition (including HBSAg screening test)- Physically and Mentally Fit as certified by a government physician, photocopy of laboratory results including HBSAg Screening Test
- Passed the school admission test and other requirements- Certificate of Acceptance
- Low-income family- BIR Annual Filing of Tax of Both Parents/ Guardian or BIR Tax Exemption Certificate
- Proof of Residency- Barangay Certificate
- Priority Groups (as applicable)-
a. Indigenous People or member of a minority group ( National Commission on Indigenous People (NCIP) Certificate)
b. Dependents of Barangay Health Workers and other government
employees ( Certificate of Employment)
c. Victim of calamities ( Certificate from Local Disaster Risk
Reduction and Management Office (LDRRMO) or Department of Social
Welfare and Development (DSWD)
Deadline of Application is extended until July 30, 2020. Apply now!
List: Partner Schools on DOH Scholarship for Medicine & Midwifery
Program Scholarship Package
Application and Selection Process for DOH PreService Scholarship Program (PSSP)
- Applicants shall apply to the DOH partner school of choice preferably
within or near province or region of residence. Applicants shall undergo and pass the screening and selection process as defined by the partner school for admission to the program/course.
- The partner school shall endorse the list of qualified applicants to the DOH Center for Health Development within the region for further evaluation and validation.
- DOH Center for Health Development shall endorse the result of validation and recommendations to HHRDB for evaluation and recommendation to the PSSP Committee.
- The HHRDB shall endorse the list of approve/accepted scholars to concerned DOH Centers for Health Development.
Contact Persons: Dr. Lynn Daryl Villamater or Ms. Janette Cruz
Career Development Management Division (CDMD)
Telephone number: (02) 651-7800 local 4224/4227
Email address: [email protected]