The Department of Health (DOH) offers online courses for Covid 19 in its Academy Learning Center not only for healthcare workers but also intended to inform the general public on facts regarding the Covid 19 virus. According to DOH, the courses are free of charge and you can gain CPD Units as well.
DOH Academy Platform
The DOH Academy platform is a system managed by the Department of Health that hosts free eLearning courses that may be enrolled by human resources for health and other stakeholders anytime anywhere with the use of Information and Communications Technology devices such as computers or smartphones.
The courses offered are self-paced, thus, it does not have a deadline for the completion of the course and its requirements. These courses will help equip them with additional knowledge on public health services and programs. It also supports professionals in complying with their continuing professional development (CPD) requirements.
DOH Academy E-learning Courses for Covid
Some of the online courses for Covid are the following:
- Infection Prevention and Control for COVID-19
- Healthcare Waste Management for COVID-19
- Supply Chain Management for COVID-19
- Administrative Concerns for Emergency Hiring of HRH
- Basic Course on Contact Tracing for COVID-19
- COVID Kaya Information System Users Training
- Infection Prevention and Control for COVID-19 for Home and Community Settings
- Infection Prevention and Control for COVID-19 for Frontline Healthcare Workers in Facility
- Orientation to COVID-19 Testing
- Risk Communication and Community Engagement for Covid-19
- Orientation Course for COVID-19 Treatment
How to access and register for the courses?
Visit learn.doh.gov.ph to register and access the course. All courses in the DOH Academy E-Learning Platform are FREE and CPD ACCREDITED.
For new users
To take part in courses on the DOH E-Learning Platform you will need to create an account. Do this by following the steps below.
Why do you need an account?
They need to know which courses you take so that they can keep a record of your progress, award you your certificates, and suggest other courses you might be interested in. Moreover, they need to know who is taking part in courses so that they can look at the impact of the courses they offered and make sure that they are creating courses that you want to join.
Lastly, many of their courses are accredited by the Professional Regulations Commission. They need it to be able to report to the PRC on the numbers of people who are using the content.
How to create an account?
- Complete the registration form at https://learn.doh.gov.ph/login/signup.php? upon submission of the form, a confirmation will be sent to the email address registered.
- Click the registration link to confirm your account.
- Login and enroll in courses on the platform.
How to get your CPD certificate?
To verify the accredited courses and its credit units for each profession, visit the announcement tab of the platform. Accredited courses shall automatically generate CPD certificates upon completion of the course and shall be sent through your registered e-mail address.