Having a fulfilling relationship is a blessing and having someone who will love you for the rest of your life is beyond expectation. If you are in a relationship, there will come the point where you have to tie the knot. It is not for the security but the promise of the love you deserve.
Each city or municipality’s Local Registrar Fees would be different. Please keep a copy of the original and a copy of the photocopies for yourself. The following are the standard requirements for a civil wedding:
- At least two valid IDs of the Couple during Personal Appearance
- Certificate of Attendance in Pre-Marriage Counseling
- PSA Birth Certificate
- Certificate of No Marriage
- Marriage License Application Form
- Barangay Certificate
- Community Tax Certificate
- 1×1 picture
Some requirements are down below. While both parties must acquire the above list of standards, additional requirements from the couple always have to be ready at a specific party under certain conditions.
For example, if the female is 21 and the guy is 26, just the girl requires parental approval. However, if both partners are the age of 21, they will need separate Parental Consent.
Age 18-21 Additional Civil Wedding Requirements
- Parental Consent
- Parent’s Appearance
Age 22-25 Additional Civil Wedding Requirements
- Parental Advice
- Personal Appearance or Written Advice
Widowed Additional Civil Wedding Requirements
- Death Certificate of the deceased spouse
Annulled Additional Civil Wedding Requirements
- Certificate of Registration from Civil Registrar for registration of the Annulment Papers
- Certificate of Finality of Annulment issued by the Court
Foreign Applicant Additional Civil Wedding Requirements
- Passport (bio-page)
- Copy of stamp on your latest arrival in the Philippines
- Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry (from the foreign embassy)
- Divorce Decree (if divorced)
- Death Certificate of deceased spouse (if widowed)
- Naturalization Paper (if Naturalized)
Pre-Marriage Counseling Certificate of Attendance
Inquire about the Pre-Marriage Counseling schedule at your local civil registrar. This counseling is something that both of you should do. Philippine Family Law, Family Planning, and Filipino Culture or Customs will be the topic in the said counseling. The marriage counselor will give a certificate to the couple after the seminar or counseling session.
You have to get those requirements for a civil wedding to push through. Marriages prove love for your partner and a commitment to both of you to be together through thick and thin, in sickness and health, in richer and in poorer till death do you part.