Earn your advanced degree now and be a SIKAP Grantee. The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) is now accepting applications for the Scholarships for Instructors’ Knowledge Advancement Program (SIKAP) Grants.
What is CHED SIKAP Grant?
SIKAP Grants provides opportunities for Higher Education Institution (HEI) teaching personnel, or former HEI teaching personnel seeking advanced studies in identified universities and colleges in the Philippines. Applicants may apply for a full-time or part-time scholarship and may choose their preferred model of implementation – Delivering HEI Model or Individual Model.
- Earn your master’s or doctorate degree
- Study in CHED partner HEIs or eligible HEIs
- Receive a monthly living allowance (Up to 25kk for Master’s and up to 33k for doctorate)
- Filipino citizen;
- Employed as a Teaching Personnel in an HEI, or have been employed as Teaching Personnel within the last twelve (12) months, at the time of Application;
- No administrative or management position, employment in any government agency, or a private company, and has no other remunerative occupation elsewhere requiring regular hours of work;
- Full-time scholars must be on full-time study while part-time scholars must have a maximum of 12 units of teaching load or 20 hours of work per week;
- Has been admitted to a CHED-approved graduate program vertically articulated to her/his teaching discipline and must not hold a degree in the degree level being pursued;
- Not more than 52 years old for Master’s and not more than 50 years old for Doctorate;
- Must not be enjoying any other government-funded scholarship or grant at the time of application;
- Committed to complete the degree program requirements within the study duration; and
- Must not have a relative, up to the fourth (4th) degree of consanguinity or affinity, to any CHED employee in the CHED Regional Office (CHED RO) where the application is being processed.
- Application Form*
- Curriculum Vitae*
- Certificate of Employment**
- Statement of Eligibility and Undertaking**
- Recommendation Forms (Former Professor, Peer and Immediate Supervisor)**
- Birth Certificate or Passport (Proof of Citizenship)
- Medical Certificate**
- Proof of Admission to the DHEI or Eligible HEI
- Transcript of Records (for every undergraduate, professional, and graduate/post-graduate degree attained)
- Re-entry Action Plan**
- Release Form (for full-time study)
- Any Government-issued ID
*To be accomplished through the Online Portal
**Using CHED Template available through the Online Portal
Accomplish the ONLINE APPLICATION here.
a. Get your Application Number
b. Download the generated Application Form and Curriculum Vitae
c. Send the link https://bit.ly/chedsikapreco and your Application Number to your referees.
Upload scanned copies of the required documents through the same application portal.
4. Submit the complete scholarship package:
For DHEI Model submit it to your Delivering Higher Education Institution
For Individual Model submit it to your CHED Regional Office
For more information, email your CHED Regional Office or visit CHED website here.