The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) is a government agency in the Philippines responsible for the regulation and funding of higher education institutions in the country. One of the programs offered by CHED is the CHED Scholarship. We will discuss in this article the qualifications, requirements, and application process.
The Ched Scholarship program aims to provide financial assistance to deserving Filipino students. If you are a graduating high school student or a high school graduate with an excellent grade (see the required general weighted average below), don’t miss this opportunity.
CHED Scholarship 2023
The Commission on Higher Education opens its application for CHED Merit Scholarship Program for incoming first-year college students for AY 2023-2024. A total of 13,455 slots are available. The deadline for the Application is on May 31, 2023. Ched Scholarship Application is done online.
What is the Ched Merit Scholarship Program?
The CHED Merit Scholarship Program (CMSP) is a government-funded initiative aimed at providing academic support to talented students, particularly those from underprivileged and marginalized groups. Specifically, this program seeks to aid individuals who belong to one of the following special groups: underprivileged and homeless citizens (RA 7279), persons with disabilities (RA 7277), and solo parents and/or their dependents (RA 8371).
This scholarship is available to incoming freshmen who wish to pursue their undergraduate studies in any CHED-recognized priority program in either private higher education institutions (HEIs), state universities and colleges (SUCs), or local universities and colleges (LUCs).
Qualified students may be awarded a full or partial scholarship under the State Scholarship and Private Education Student Financial Assistance (PESFA). The scholarship can cover tuition and other fees, as well as provide a monthly stipend for living expenses.
Overall, the CMSP offers a valuable opportunity for promising Filipino students to achieve their higher education goals without the financial burden. It’s an excellent way to support and invest in the future of talented students from underrepresented groups in the Philippines.
Who can apply?
In order to qualify for the scholarship, applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- Filipino citizen
- Graduating high school student/ High school graduate with general weighted average (GWA) of at least 90%
- Student-applicants belonging to the special group of persons such as
- the underprivileged and Homeless Citizens under Republic Act (RA) No. 7279,
- Persons with Disability (PWDs) under RA No. 7277 as amended,
- Solo Parents and/or their Dependents under RA 8371, shall submit certifications and/or Identification Cards (IDs) issued by the appropriate offices or agencies.
- Avail of only one government-funded financial assistance program.
- Courses intended to enroll in are on the list of CHED Priority Programs.
Requirements for Ched Scholarship 2023
- Citizenship: Certified true copy of Birth Certificate
- Academic Requirements:
- High school report card for incoming freshmen students eligible for college; and
- Duly certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and 1st semester of Grade 12 for graduating high school students
- Income Requirements (whichever is applicable)
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian;
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR);
- Certificate of Indigence either from their Barangay or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD);
- Case Study report from DSWD; and
- The latest copy of the contract or proof of income, for the children of Overseas Filipino Workers and seafarers
- Other Requirement
- Identification Card (ID) – Special Group (Underprivileged or Homeless, PWD, Solo Parent, Senior Citizen, Indigenous People)
Ched Scholarship Online Application
To apply, follow these steps:
- Gather all the required documents.
- Make sure to scan the documents stated above.
- Submit your application and documents to your corresponding CHED Regional Office through the online platform.
Refer to the link below. Refresh this page for new links update.
|CHEDRO I||CHEDRO V||CHEDRO IX||NCR|
|CHEDRO II||CHEDRO VI||CHEDRO X||CAR|
|CHEDRO III||CHEDRO VII||CHEDRO XI||CARAGA|
|CHEDRO IV||CHEDRO VIII||CHEDRO XII||MIMAROPA|
What are the Benefits of a Ched Scholar?
This scholarship program shall cover tuition and other school fees (TOSF), stipend which shall be released directly to the scholars or through HEIs, and a book connectivity allowance per semester of a given academic year until the completion of the degree program.
What are the Priority Courses for the CHED Scholarship program?
See the PDF below for the priority courses of the Ched Scholarship.
For inquiries, contact your respective CHED Regional Office.
Like our Facebook Page to be updated with the latest scholarship, news, and job vacancies.
Source: Ched Official Website