The Ched Scholarship program aims to provide financial assistance to deserving Filipino students. Under the Memorandum Order Number 8, series of 2019, a special group of persons such as the underprivileged and homeless citizen under RA 7279, persons with disability (PWD’s) under RA 7277, Solo parents/or their dependents (RA 8972), senior citizens (RA 9994), and indigenous people under RA 8371 shall be given priority with the scholarship grant.
CHED Scholarship 2020 schedule of application
The Commission on Higher Education releases the schedule for the filing of the application for Ched Scholarship 2020 on its website. The application shall start from March 1, 2020, until May 31, 2020.
Who can apply?
In order to qualify for the scholarship, applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- Filipino Citizen
- The applicant shall have a weighted average of 85% (with regards to the CMO 10 series of 2019)
- Must not be a graduate of any degree program.
- Combined annual gross income of parents, guardian which does not exceed P400,000. In case the income exceeds, an applicant can still apply. However, there are conditions that must be met. If ever there is an ill member of the family, the applicant can present medical findings. If the family has two or more dependents enrolled in college, the student must pass a school certification.
- Must avail of only one Ched scholarship or financial assistance program.
- For students who belong to the special group of persons mentioned above, they shall submit a certificate and ID issued by the appropriate agency.
CHED Scholarship Programs
A qualified student may be awarded either a Full Scholarship or Half Scholarship under the State Scholarship Program (SSP) and PESFA (Private Education Student Financial Assistance).
The Ched Scholarship Programs are intended for entering freshmen students who are eligible for college. The student shall have a weighted average of 85% or its equivalent. Moreover, applicants must enroll in recognized priority programs in private HEI’s, State Universities & Colleges (SUC’s), or accredited Local Universities and Colleges.
There are no entrance exams for Ched Scholarship Program. The selection will be based on academic performance and the annual gross income of the family.
Requirements for Ched Scholarship 2020
Citizenship: A certified true copy of Birth Certificate
Academic: High school report card for incoming freshmen students who are eligible for college.
Duly certified true copy of grades for grade 11 and first semester of grade 12 for graduating high school students.
Financial: The student applicant shall submit any of the following documents:
- Latest Income Tax Return of parents or guardians.
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
- Certificate of Indigence either from Barangay or DSWD.
- Case study report from DSWD.
- The latest copy of the contract or proof of income may be considered for children of OFW.
How to apply?
- Submit the accomplished application form together with the required documents to CHED Regional Office where their graduate school is based.
- If the applicant applies online, submit the application form with the supporting documents in PDF format to CHEDRO concerned.
- The student can also choose to submit the application form together with the required documents through courier.
Ched Application Form 2020
What are the Benefits of a Ched Scholar?
The financial assistance shall cover tuition and other school fees (TOSF) plus a stipend. It will be released directly to students. Refer to the photo below.
What are the Priority Courses for the Scholarship program?
See the PDF below for the priority courses of the Ched Scholarship.
For inquiries, you can reach CHED on the following address:
Higher Education Development Center Building,
C.P. Garcia Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
Public Assistance and Complaints Desk – (02) 8441-1260
CHED Hotline – 0999-4445-996
You can send your email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like our Facebook Page to be updated with the latest scholarship, news, and job vacancies.